You can (and should) figure this one out with Q & A. There's nothing to be gained by having a complete stranger on your machine and my 1-on-1 consulting fees are outrageous.
Ya need to rebuild apache (pretty sure another 'make' and 'make install' should cover it). Don't
re-run the ./configure script for apache.
A few common snags...
- run 'which httpd' to check the path and 'slocate httpd' to see how many binaries are on your system (there can be one from your distro install, a previous 1.3.xx source build or others)
- run 'httpd -l' to see what your apache was built with
- run 'httpd -v' to check the version and build time (does it look right?)
- check that you're using the correct apachectl script (which apachectl) and slocate apachectl (to see if you have more than one available)
- check in the apachectl file and make sure it's starting the correct httpd.
- re-check your httpd.conf
- check /path/to/php.ini
Stop and then restart apache after that.
If you're still having problems post your ./configure options for your php build and your apache build.