Problem using "newaliases" to update sendmail alias file
I am getting pretty frustrated with this, perhaps someone can shed some light..
I am simply trying to update my alias file for sendmail. I run "newaliases" and it seems to run without any issues. However, my aliases.db file never updates to match my aliases text file. I have checked, and double checked the sendmail.cf to make sure I have the aliases file in the correct location, which I do. I am fairly new at this so I could easily be overlooking something extremely simple!
I am running sendmail on Redhat currently.
This is what I am doing:
1. editing the aliases file located at /etc/aliases
2. running "newaliases" and ran "sendmail -bi" for the hell of it
3. even restart my sendmail services using "service sendmail restart"
4. look at the aliases.db and bang my hand against my head because it doesn't update
5. go back to step "1." and repeat