problem installing libssh2-0.18
When i try and run make in libssh2 root dir i get the following:
Im using Debian Etch.
Hey yeah, even I do not understand as to why this problem occurs. Can anyone try and explain it? What type of error is this 'recursive' thing?
I got it working. This is what i did.
1. Fresh install of debian etch.
2. Removed openssl(its installed by default)
3. sudo apt-get install apache2 php5 libapache2-mod-php5 g++
4. sudo aptitude install php5-dev php5-cli php-pear libcurl3-openssl-dev zlib1g-dev
5. Installed libssh2-0.18 from source
6. Installed ssh2-0.10 from source(pecl install -f ssh2 didnt work for me) apparently this version needs to be patched and that was the case for me. If you also get this when trying to install ssh2,
Download this patch: http://www.billpitz.com/howto/php-libssh2.diff and place it in the ssh2-0.10 dir.
Type: patch < php-libssh2.diff to apply the patch.
Then carry on installing as you wish. (i did: phpize && ./configure --with-ssh2 && make)
7. If all goes well at the end of ssh2 install it will tell you its created the ssh2.so module. Its in modules dir. Copy it to where all your other mnodules are, by default there at /usr/lib/php5/20060613+lfs/
8. Add: extension=ssh2.so to your php.ini file.
9. Restart apache /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
And thats it. Now all you need to do is create a php file interacting with ssh2.
Hope that helps!
Happy new year!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.|