Hi all, when I emerge mplayer, I get this result after some time.
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking for snprintf... yes
checking if Qt compiles without flags... no
checking if STL implementation is SGI like... no
checking if STL implementation is HP like... no
configure: error: "no known STL type found - did you forget to install libstdc++-devel ?"died running ./configure, kde_src_compile:configure
* Your KDE program installation died while running the configure script
* If the error was related to not finding the STL, you have a gcc error
* that is easily fixed by re-emerging the latest version of gcc
* See http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=790048#790048
* or http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=38634
!!! ERROR: kde-base/arts-1.1.5 failed.
!!! Function configure_die, Line 170, Exitcode 0
!!! (no error message)
It actually is an error installing the kde-base/arts library or whatever, it hasn't gotten to mplayer yet (7 packages away). I don't run kde, I use gnome. I tried vlc instead, but got the same thing. I've had vlc work before back when I had Red Hat, I used gnome then too. I already tried updating gcc, that had no effect.
Any ideas would be welcome, I'm kinda new to this, so don't be too advanced.
Thanks in advance.