postscript aspect ratio in KGhostView
When I open *.eps and *.ps files using KGhostView they always appear squished in the horizontal axis or, if you prefer, stretched vertically. Some other facts:
1. When I use ps2pdf to convert the doc the pdf looks great.
2. I have orientation and paper size both set to 'auto' in KGhostView, and picking other settings at random does not cure the ill.
3. This problem affects all postscripts that I've ever tried to open. When I open the same files in Windows XP they look fine - not corrupted.
4. I used to have a similar problem in gv but changing from "Natural Size" to "Pixel-Based" in gv fixed it. I can now view the eps file as it is supposed to look...but only in gv, not KGhostView. I can't find any similar options in the menus of KGhostView. Does anyone know how to change that option in KGhostView?
5. I'm running on a widescreen hp laptop (pavilion zt3340us).
BTW, the thumbnails in Konquerer also look good but when the file opens w/ KGhostView in the Konquerer window, it's distorted. Thanks in advance for any help you can lend!
OS: Linux 184.108.40.206-31-default i686
System: openSUSE 10.3 (i586)
KDE: 3.5.7 "release 72.9"
Display Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc
Model: RV250 Lf
Driver: radeon (3D Support)