ok. now the questions...
1) How do I how do i set up a username to use for a login with an FTP prog?
>As far as I know, you need to setup and configure a complete FTP server. This is not so tough (I've never done it, though) - look for a howto or FAQ there should be some easily obtainable.
2) Where are the files i upload actualy stored on my computer?
>As I have it you select a directory(ies) during configuration of the FTP server that will be available for the user to choose from when he uploads files.
3) How do I set up a username and password for MySQL?
> Do this:
1. Make sure the mysql server is running: In the /usr/local/mysql/bin directory do
mysql_safe --user=mysql &
2. Type in mysql -u root mysql
3. At the mysql> prompt type set password for root@localhost=password('your_password_here');
You have now created the root user. To create other users, I think all you need to do is login as root into mysql, then "Grant" privigeges to a name that will become the new user:
1. Log in: mysql -u root -p <ENTER>
2. At the Password: prompt, type the password you entered above.
3. You might need to have a database already existing fro this to work from 4 onward:
4. Type grant select, insert, update delete on <database name> to normaluser@localhost identified by 'your_user_pass_here';
5. Type flush privileges; <ENTER>
This should create a user called "normaluser" who can select items from, insert items into, update items and delete items in the <database name> database.
To log in as this user do
mysql -u normaluser -p
and at the password prompt enter the password you entered in step (4) above.
4) How do I change the IP "0.0.0.0" to something else?
> Dunno - I think you need to take a look at the ServerName paramter in Apahce's httpd.conf.
Just so you know, i'm kind of new to linux. please speak in terms that a newbie would understand.
>I hope these are clear enough?
Write again if you still have problems.