php apache2 and Fedora Core 6
I have recently been given the task to make some upgrades to our development server.
It is a fresh install of Fedora Core 6 (Not my choice - dont get me wrong I like Fedora as a desktop linux but not as a server would have rather had centOS then I wouldnt be asking these questions) with apache2handler, mysql 5.0.27, php 5.1.6, ISPConfig and a bunch of other things pre installed. Now they want me to upgrade the php to 5.2 latest release and have mssql capability with it oh and if its possible a copy of php 4 running on a virtual server since this is a development machine. I have www . example . com going to the ISPConfig and from there I am going to set up 2 subdomains php4 . example . com and php5 . example . com.
Ok as for the questions.
1. What is the easiest / best way to go about this! <-- sub note no changes have been done to the actual machine but I created a vmware version of the server on my computer to play with first.
When I do phpinfo I get
ran make and make install which of course installed apache2 in /usr/local/apache2.
2. Now I have 2 httpd files one set with services and the other that I can only turn on at the command line?
3. Should I have done --prefix=??? I have no idea where is it default installed I cant find it. obviously the original httpd file has been modified by ISPConfig and if I do reinstall apache2 it moves the httpd to a new location or can I fix that? or will I have to reinstall ISPConfig?
4. If anyone can explain why it is that when you install apache2 and php from fedora core or yum update (Which doesnt seem to have 5.2? very odd cause it did for centOS?) and the config file shows all the options why cant I just reconfigure php (basically why is it saying that enable so is missing.
5. When I did compile both the apache2 and php 5.2 and started the right httpd and went to view the phpinfo.php file all I see is text (and I did add <?php at the beginning so I know its not that)
6. I also noticed in the config code above that it indicates --without-mysql even though mysql is installed and connected?
if anyone can answer any of these questions and make sense of any of this for me :)
thanks in advance
Any thoughts anyone - anyone?
Apache prefix for fedora core 6
The original Apache2 that ships with FC6 lives here:
./configure --prefix=/usr/sbin/httpd --enable-mods-shared=most --enable-so
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.|