I've changed my wvdial.conf file to say "Carrier Check = no" instead of "Check Carrier = no"
I then dialed, and got the same "No Carrier Detected" message, but then wvdial retried, it got no dial tone, then it shutdown. I restarted wvdial and it dialed my ISP, went through it's connecting phase, and says:
--> WvDial: Internet dialer version 1.54.0
--> Cannot get information for serial port.
--> Initializing modem.
--> Sending: ATZ
--> Sending: ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0L3
ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0L3
--> Modem initialized.
--> Sending: ATDT9038381565
--> Waiting for carrier.
User Access Verification
--> Carrier detected. Waiting for prompt.
--> Looks like a login prompt.
--> Sending: USERNAME
--> Looks like a password prompt.
--> Sending: (password)
Entering PPP mode.
Async interface address is unnumbered (Loopback0)
Your IP address is 0.0.0.0. MTU is 1500 bytes
--> Looks like a welcome message.
--> Starting pppd at Thu Jun 1 12:42:40 2006
--> pid of pppd: 5112
--> Using interface ppp0
--> local IP address 184.108.40.206
--> remote IP address 220.127.116.11
--> primary DNS address 18.104.22.168
--> secondary DNS address 22.214.171.124
So, right now, I don't know what the hell is going on, but I guess as long as it works I'm not pissed off