Music related issues
Ok, today I had the great idea of trying to get itunes from my phone to work with Kubuntu 6.10. I started by removing the Libgpod and GTKpod from my adept manager, then building the latest versions from source. I first installed the latest version of Libgpod, then GTKpod. Upon trying to open GTKpod, I am faced with an error about opening Libgpod. I uninstall everything, do it again, get the same error, then try to modify my .bashrc to reflect a troubleshooting fix inxluded with GTKpod. That was a no go.
After I got fed up, I took a nap, then tried to listen to some music, but found that my Rythmbox, VLC, and Amarok had all been removed. I re-installed them, then I tried listening to my music. Basically, Rythmbox will only play songs whose bitrate it doesn't know. So now I turn to the experts to try and figure out what the deal is with this issue. I have reinstalled all the codecs I was using before, and I still have no idea.