LinuxQuestions.org
Register a domain and help support LQ
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices


Reply
  Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2003, 01:42 AM   #1
Micro420
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2003
Location: Berkeley, CA
Distribution: Mac OS X Leopard 10.6.2, Windows 2003 Server/Vista/7/XP/2000/NT/98, Ubuntux64, CentOS4.8/5.4
Posts: 2,986

Rep: Reputation: 45
MPlayer - Bigger screen


When I play video files in MPlayer, sometimes the video size is small.

When I tell MPlayer to double the size of the video, it only doubles the size of the MPLayer windows, not the actual video size.

My question: How can I increase the actual video size in Mplayer?
 
Old 09-13-2003, 02:03 AM   #2
shellcode
Member
 
Registered: May 2003
Location: Beverly Hills
Distribution: Slackware, Gentoo
Posts: 350

Rep: Reputation: 31
you mean like hitting 'F' during playback?
 
Old 09-13-2003, 02:05 AM   #3
MasterC
LQ Guru
 
Registered: Mar 2002
Location: Salt Lake City, UT - USA
Distribution: Gentoo ; LFS ; Kubuntu
Posts: 12,612

Rep: Reputation: 64
Use either a better video output device:
mplayer -vo xv filename.avi

OR:

mplayer -vo x11 -zoom filename.avi

OR whatever vo you use, the x11 is just 1 example, the key there is the -zoom option.

HTH

Cool
 
Old 09-13-2003, 02:19 AM   #4
SpongeBobAction
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Sep 2003
Distribution: winXP,SuSe 8.2,Fedora Core1
Posts: 7

Rep: Reputation: 0
hey guys....i also would like to know how come when i play my dvd using either mplayer or xine, i can't hear the sound of it...the picture also sometime stop for split of a second...why is that?? but the quality of the picture itself is really good....only when i play vcd or svcd i could hear the sound and see the picture....thanks and hopefully you guys could help me...
 
Old 09-13-2003, 03:12 AM   #5
Micro420
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2003
Location: Berkeley, CA
Distribution: Mac OS X Leopard 10.6.2, Windows 2003 Server/Vista/7/XP/2000/NT/98, Ubuntux64, CentOS4.8/5.4
Posts: 2,986

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBobAction
hey guys....i also would like to know how come when i play my dvd using either mplayer or xine, i can't hear the sound of it...the picture also sometime stop for split of a second...why is that?? but the quality of the picture itself is really good....only when i play vcd or svcd i could hear the sound and see the picture....thanks and hopefully you guys could help me...
How did you get your DVD working? I can't get mine to work - it just keeps reading and reading and locks my computer.

Did you do anything special or did it work right off the bat?
 
Old 09-13-2003, 03:15 AM   #6
Micro420
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2003
Location: Berkeley, CA
Distribution: Mac OS X Leopard 10.6.2, Windows 2003 Server/Vista/7/XP/2000/NT/98, Ubuntux64, CentOS4.8/5.4
Posts: 2,986

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally posted by MasterC
Use either a better video output device:
mplayer -vo xv filename.avi

OR:

mplayer -vo x11 -zoom filename.avi

OR whatever vo you use, the x11 is just 1 example, the key there is the -zoom option.

HTH

Cool
Thanks - this did the trick.
However I should have been more clear because I am actually using GMPlayer in Mandrake. But I did change the video output like you mentioned and I get full screen the way I want. Thanks
 
Old 09-13-2003, 03:31 AM   #7
SpongeBobAction
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Sep 2003
Distribution: winXP,SuSe 8.2,Fedora Core1
Posts: 7

Rep: Reputation: 0
hi MICRO420....well i just installed the libdvdnav and libdvdcss and that's it ...but i still can't hear the sound of it...don't know how????
it says that:

Cannot find codec for audio format ax2000

and in the console, it says:

Trying to force audio codec driver family mp3lib ...
Requested audio codec family [a52] (afm=liba52) not available (enable it at compilation)
Requested audio codec family [ac3] (afm=libac3) not available (enable it at compilation)
Requested audio codec family [hwac3] (afm=hwac3) not available (enable it at compilation)
*** Try to upgrade /home/SPONGEBOB/.mplayer/codecs.conf from etc/codecs.conf
*** If it still does not work, read DOCS/codecs.html!
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x2000.

but i don't know what to do with it in term of upgrading it....please help
 
Old 09-13-2003, 04:10 AM   #8
Micro420
Senior Member
 
Registered: Aug 2003
Location: Berkeley, CA
Distribution: Mac OS X Leopard 10.6.2, Windows 2003 Server/Vista/7/XP/2000/NT/98, Ubuntux64, CentOS4.8/5.4
Posts: 2,986

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 45
Quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBobAction
hi MICRO420....well i just installed the libdvdnav and libdvdcss and that's it ...but i still can't hear the sound of it...don't know how????
it says that:

Cannot find codec for audio format ax2000

and in the console, it says:

Trying to force audio codec driver family mp3lib ...
Requested audio codec family [a52] (afm=liba52) not available (enable it at compilation)
Requested audio codec family [ac3] (afm=libac3) not available (enable it at compilation)
Requested audio codec family [hwac3] (afm=hwac3) not available (enable it at compilation)
*** Try to upgrade /home/SPONGEBOB/.mplayer/codecs.conf from etc/codecs.conf
*** If it still does not work, read DOCS/codecs.html!
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x2000.

but i don't know what to do with it in term of upgrading it....please help
Thank you!! I installed those things you mentioned and now my DVD works!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!! Fortunately, my sound works fine.

I don't know if I can help you with your sound (kind of like the blind leading the blind). I hope some of these other gurus can help you. Good luck and thanks for at least helping me.

Last edited by Micro420; 09-13-2003 at 04:17 AM.
 
Old 09-13-2003, 04:51 AM   #9
acid_kewpie
Moderator
 
Registered: Jun 2001
Location: UK
Distribution: Gentoo, RHEL, Fedora, Centos
Posts: 43,417

Rep: Reputation: 1974Reputation: 1974Reputation: 1974Reputation: 1974Reputation: 1974Reputation: 1974Reputation: 1974Reputation: 1974Reputation: 1974Reputation: 1974Reputation: 1974
well dvdnav and dvdcss have nothing whatosoever to do with sound....

i'd guess you installed the version that came with suse. this is deliberatly crippled so you can't play DVD's. get the REAL version from the hompage.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Configuration Windows bigger then the screen sekelsenmat Mandriva 2 05-19-2005 08:07 AM
Need the screen to appear bigger, help? JustinCoyan Slackware 2 08-06-2004 10:12 PM
Desktop bigger than screen, I don't like that. lectraplayer Linux - Hardware 4 03-11-2004 06:43 PM
Sampling bits of information in bigger and bigger pieces lugoteehalt General 0 10-29-2003 06:38 AM
virtual screen bigger than physical screen ? Kocil Linux - Newbie 1 09-18-2003 07:21 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration