Linux - SoftwareThis forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
In Mozilla, if I try to download a .jar file, it just shows all kinds of text and symbols in the browser. Also, I wrote a servlet that when access from a Windows machine (Not running Mozilla), it works properly but when I access from Mozilla, it displays the tags and output. Make sense? How can I get these anomolies to stop? Thanks, Jeremy
As far as the .jar files, try ctrl-click or whatever, or 'save target' rather than clicking directly. Servlet? Not sure.
Could be my imagination, but when that happens, I also make sure all other pages have stopped loading in the background before I try again - sometimes Mozilla seems to get confused, like it's reading to many different kinds of things at once. But, like I say, maybe my imagination.
The whole issue has to do with Mozilla reading headers and trying to parse it as html, I think and it's as often the file's fault as Mozilla's.
I'd definitely keep working with Mozilla before going to Opera, though.
I just followed the directions from Mozilla's Docs to integrate the Java Plugin into the Mozilla Browser. Still same results. Do I have to log out and then log back in? What's next? To prove that the plugin is recognized though, the "Java Console" is no longer greyed out and can be used, unlike before the plugin was integrated. Anymore ideas? Thanks, Jeremy
Distribution: Psyche (RH8.0) / LFS / OS X.2 / MDK 9.0 / Win2k Server
Jar files are java archives... if you're trying to save to disk... right click, middle, or whatever and download link / save file as... if you're trying to run something, i'm confused b/c jar files aren't always runnable.
I was trying to download a jar file from a website. I wasn't trying to run anything so please forgive me if I implied that I was. I fixed the portion where only the servlet tags were being displayed as it was a coding problem. (Didn't set the Content Type). I will try to download the jar file via your method. Be back to tell results shortly. Later, J
Didn't work. I right-clicked the link to download the jar file and all it would let me do is save it as a text file. I don't understand but I don't think the problem is Mozilla related anymore. Thanks for your help, Jeremy