Mozilla Firefox 0.9.2: Strange fonts when printing web pages
Linux - SoftwareThis forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
Thanks, but I don't seem to get it right...
Does this mean that I need to install True Type fonts from Microsoft's download server, in order to get rid of the printing problem?
If so: How? In older SuSE versions there was a command line utility fetchmsttfonts (or so), which I can't find on SuSE 9.1.
Is this legal, then? (Extracting fonts from Windows...) Is a Windows licence required for that?
And wasn't Microsoft obliged to make the fonts publicly available due to their agreement with... was it BitStream? I don't remember...
The article describes the problem and the solution you pointed me to, and closes saying that future versions of Mozilla and Firefox/Thunderbird will come with a bug fix for this problem. Hope they come soon...!
Seems that Mozilla 1.7 doesn't have that problem... All web pages I tested were printed just the way they should, and there was not even a need to change the print command in Mozilla.
- Mozilla 1.7 and Mozilla Firefox 0.9.2 are different programs. Printing is done differently in each of them.
- I have installed additional software packages in SuSE that contained TrueType fonts. That would mean that printing would cease working properly once I install a package with fonts in Slackware...
Mozilla 1.7 prints fine in Slackware 10.0. No need to change the print command, printing works out of the box.
In SuSE 9.1, unfortunately, it does not. First I get the error page out of my printer telling me that I should change the print command, then I get printouts with exactly the strange font a with Firefox.
BTW, all Geckos crash when I try to print a calendar... a well-known bug, it seems.