I am trying to set up my gmail account in Thunderbird 1.5 on a machine
running Mepis-Linux. My ISP is Bellsouth. I have activated pop in
gmail. It works fine with Outlook on my Windows based PC.
I have set up T-bird 1.5 using the instructions posted on gmail.com for this version but it doesn't work.
I have used the instructions posted on Bellsouth and that doesn't work.
I have made changes to Guarddog and even turned it off for a while and that still didn't work.
I have tried suggestions from the Mepis forum and that didn't work. (The Mepis site isn't jumping with ideas!)
I have gone through these steps a number of times, even deleting the
accounts and starting over. I'm about to chuck something!!!!