Linux - SoftwareThis forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I get the following error message:
cannot locate module floppy
But this is not the problem. My friend gets the same output in terminal, but Mandrake CC works fine for him. It works fine for me too, but not in X (only if I press ctrl+alt+f[1-6]).
Yesterday Mandrake released some updates, which include update for Xtart. They say a lot of people had problems accessing mcc, and this Xtart update should solve this issue. But after upgrading I still have the same problem, which is very annoying, of course.
I've found the solution! OK, not me, someone told me that he installed mandrake 8.2 in english and his friend in slovenian language (I installed in slovenian language too). He said that his friend had the same problem as I did, and the only difference between their installations was the language. So I installed once again (in english, of course) and now it rulez!
And slovenian translations of mandrake appz are quite bad, so I'm not worried about that.