Originally Posted by student04
What do you mean by "fit the data into the table" and "import the data to it"? I don't quite understand exactly what you are trying to do. Is your data already in MySQL and you want to export it to some file that R can manipulate? What are you doing now that is difficult? "Table" in your context isn't clear, whether it applies to MySQL, a latex table, or a table in R.
R can make plots from data. I use it for my work when writing papers.
Sorry for not beeing clear enough.
Will try to explain my need a bit better:
1. The Company I am working for has an ordinary ERP.
2. I extract all the positions delivered to customers in plain text.
3. I import the into MysQL, where I have some other tables with information regarding the sector of the customers, the family of products, etc.
4. I wote some queries, where I can get info about sales per region, sales per customer, etc etc
5. I export this queries in plain text format.
5. One of the queries is feeding R, where I draw a barchart of sales per month, regresion line, etc.
6. Finally, I prepared a LaTeX report that automatically gets the tables I exported from MySQL and the charts I got with R, and puts everyting together into a pdf.
Everything is scripted and automatic.
My question was: once I have the plain text tables and some charts, is there any better tool than LaTeX to put them together and create a nice pdf?