For anyone that has this problem, I hope they will look here and find my solution. YAY I am so HAPPY!!
Ok...two things fixed my problem (kind of -/var/log still shows the vrefresh and hsync values are out of range, but hey -it works!!)
1) xorg.conf needs a modeline in the "monitor" device section. My modeline is this Modeline "1440x900" 106.47 1440 1520 1672 1904 900 901 904 932 -HSync +Vsync
follow this link to generate your own modeline (if you are using a different computer than mine) http://xtiming.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/xtiming.pl
2) In the "screen" section add this line...Option "IgnoreEDID" "1"
after doing those two things my screen looks great.
I am such a dong because I was using my computer with that horrible resolution for like a year. I just realized my resolution was bad when I installed windows on my computer.