LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Software (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/)
-   -   logout wont give shutdown option (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/logout-wont-give-shutdown-option-311934/)

etim 04-11-2005 05:30 AM

logout wont give shutdown option
 
Any ideas how to get this back ?.

XavierP 04-11-2005 06:09 AM

KDE/Gnome/CLI or other Window Manager? Bit more info would be needed to help you.

nderitualex 04-11-2005 06:43 AM

Thats normal with kde .You have to logout first to shut down.

XavierP 04-11-2005 07:55 AM

And that only works if you boot into a gui environment. If you boot to CLI, you have to log out before shutting down.

perfect_circle 04-11-2005 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by nderitualex
Thats normal with kde .You have to logout first to shut down.
No, that's normal with KDE in Redhat/fedora, because those distros are gnome based and they use the gnome display manager by default. If you use kdm (the kde display manager) , then you can shutdown/reboot in KDE , without logging out.

etim 04-11-2005 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by XavierP
KDE/Gnome/CLI or other Window Manager? Bit more info would be needed to help you.
KDE. The user account after clicking on logout does not get the oprion to to shutdown the computer.

perfect_circle 04-11-2005 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by etim
KDE. The user account after clicking on logout does not get the oprion to to shutdown the computer.
what distro r u using?

XavierP 04-11-2005 09:38 AM

Have you looked in the Control Centre? One of the final options (not on Lnux at the moment) gives options for allowing users to shutdown the pc. There is also one for the log out window specifically which will let you say which you want as the default - shutdown, reboot, log out.

etim 04-11-2005 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by XavierP
Have you looked in the Control Centre? One of the final options (not on Lnux at the moment) gives options for allowing users to shutdown the pc. There is also one for the log out window specifically which will let you say which you want as the default - shutdown, reboot, log out.
The distro is mandrake 10.1 and I dont get a logout window. When I logout I get the login screen.

XavierP 04-11-2005 05:39 PM

That is, I think, a "feature" of Mandrake.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.