kaffeine x86_64 SUSE 10.1 configuration
I have following PC and I'm trying to install and configure kaffeine on it:
Hewlett-Packard Compaq dc7600 CMT
Pentium D 3.4 GHz
1 GB RAM
300 GB SATA hard disk
ATI X1300SE (RV515 7146)
fglrx with 3D
SUSE 10.1 (x86_64)
KDE 3.5.1 Level "a"
Kaffeine works at most, but I'm still having a few problems, but before to ask, let me explain what I have done till now:
1) First I have installed the package libxine1 and the dependency packages:
The original SUSE "xine-lib" packages get deinstalled automatically. I have also deinstalled manually the package "xine-lib-32bit" that was still there.
2) Then I have installed following codec and additional packages:
3) Next I have installed the new version of "kaffeine" and the needed "lame" packages:
4) Now I have installed the DVD libraries:
5) Starting the first time kaffeine you get asked if you like to use it as help application for mms:// (Microsoft Media) streams and for rtsp:// (Real Media and others). I have selected both options.
6) I have set the xine parameter for the video driver to "opengl" otherwise with the default "auto" the graphic system crashes and I'm landing again in the SUSE login mask!!!
A) I don't have DVB, but does I need other codecs or packages to play the most of the others video movie/streams types? Is there a set of short reference movies/streams to test kaffeine/xine? Or URLs to such a set?
B) Does the package "libdvdnav" is needed? A few people mean that for this version of kaffeine with SUSE 10.1 it is NOT needed. What's your opinion?
C) With the packages above I can play an unencrypted DVD like the DVD in the book "DVD demistified". The most commands seems to work as long as I have tested and I can move to a wished position with the slider. Instead, if I play a mpeg or avi file, kaffeine plays it, but I cannot move to another position with the slider. Why? What is wrong?
D) Playing certain WMV2 movies kaffeine displays the movie like through a green filter and with the time a piece after the other gets the right colors, but after about 10 seconds it gets again green and starts again to get better and again green and so on...
Does I have the wrong codec?
Thanks a lot in advance