hda1 5gb /home
hda5 .5gb swap
hda6 50gb /
Well, After typing this entire reply, I feel that may be you wont have the Mandrake CD -1 with you, and may be you want to install windows using a Windows machine...However, I know only one way in which I could get this thing done, so here's my way of doing that thing...If you think this one is too hectic or complicated, then i suggest you wait for someone else's reply who may have done something similar to your requirement.......
You only seem to have one choice, and that is to resize the third partition... WARNING!! - Resizing your partition can lead to loss of data if not done properly..
However, you wont be able to do that when you have booted from your hard drive. You will need to boot with your Mandrake CD into rescue mode to resizing of partitons.
So, now you should do the following:
1. Check your distro and find out if it comes with the 'parted' utility. If it dosent, then you can download and install it from the following place (click the topmost link on the page that opens after you click this link below to download parted).
2. Next, set the boot sequence with CDROM as first option and then boot from your Mandrake 9.2 CD by typing at the boot prompt
3. Once you get the login prompt, log in as root and type
4. After that type at the parted prompt
This will display details about all partitions
4. Now, you need to resize your partition /dev/hda6....So, on the parted prompt, type
resize <partition number> <start megabytes> <end megabytes>
Warning!: I am unable to guide u exactly about the 'resize' command above coz its been a long time since i used parted, so pls read parted man pages before resizing your partition.!!
5. Once you resize your partiton, type
7. After you reboot, you can use fdisk to create a new partiton, set its type to WIN95 FAT32 LBA and then create a new filesystem on this new partition with
8 . Now you can boot with a Windows boot disk and install Windows on to this new partiton.
Hope this helps you to do your job. Guys, if anyone of you notice something that's incorrect in my reply, pls do point it out for the benefit of others.