I am trying to do the same, get ubuntu onto an SD card for my beagleboard and I was able to do all the steps without an error but after I put the SD card into the board, I get an error.
These are the steps I have taken:
1. Downloaded ubuntu-11.04-preinstalled-netbook-armel+omap3.img.gz to my /home folder
2. gunzip ubuntu-netbook-10.10-preinstalled-netbook-armel+omap4.img.gz (while in the /home folder)
3. sudo dd bs=4M if=ubuntu-netbook-10.10-preinstalled-netbook-armel+omap4.img of=/dev/sde
5. Put the SD card back into the beagleboard
6. went to minicom in my terminal and then powered the board
7. typed this into the command line:
# setenv bootcmd 'mmc init;fatload mmc 0 0x82000000 boot.scr;source 0x82000000'; setenv autostart yes; saveenv; boot
And this is what I am getting. I do not know why. Please help!
---------- Post added 03-21-12 at 08:40 PM ----------
this is the picture