I have successfully installed oracle 10.2.0.1 64 bit on open SuSE 10.2 64 bit. Installation is rather simple - you would have installer in graphical mode.
Please download instructions from http://ftp.novell.com/partners/oracl...troduction.pdf
1. Get Oracle database and openSuSE 10.2
2. Install openSuSE with C/C++ development - for details see 10gR2_openSUSE102_introduction.pdf.
3. Follow insctructions from 10gR2_openSUSE102_introduction.pdf. Instead of installing orarun.rpm, download orarun-1.9-21.11.x86_64.rpm from
4. Unpack orarun-1.9-21.11.x86_64.rpm
to temporary directory:
rpm2cpio orarun-1.9-21.11.x86_64.rpm |cpio -i --make-directories
5. Copy extracted files to proper directories (omit /usr/bin
directory and its content). Make sure copied files would be accessible by oracle user (ownership and rights).
6. Follow the rest of installation steps - add user oracle etc.