LinuxQuestions.org
Support LQ: Use code LQ3 and save $3 on Domain Registration
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices



Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2004, 03:22 AM   #1
ieeestd802
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Sep 2004
Posts: 28

Rep: Reputation: 15
Install Fedora without bootloader ? How


Folks:

I want to know options to install Fedora 2 without installing a bootloader.
Last time, when I installed Fedora 2 on a Windows 2000 machine, GRUB messed up everything, eventually, I had reformat disk and lost all data.

I am pretty sure that GRUB works like a charm for 99% of computers. But I cannot affort to lose my Windows partition again. (Maybe my computer falls into the rest 1%) So I donot want to install a bootloader on the harddisk, what are alternative options ? There is no floppy disk on my computer, only CDROM.

Thanks.
 
Old 10-04-2004, 04:44 AM   #2
serz
Member
 
Registered: Apr 2003
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Distribution: Slackware, Gentoo
Posts: 397

Rep: Reputation: 30
I believe you're asked if you want to install the bootloader or not.
 
Old 10-04-2004, 04:52 AM   #3
bornhj
Member
 
Registered: Sep 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Distribution: Fedora Core 3, Ubuntu Hoary, Slack 10.1
Posts: 120

Rep: Reputation: 15
When you get to the Bootloader setup screen, press the "Choose bootloader" button. Then, choose the "don not install a boot loader" ratio button.
 
Old 10-05-2004, 03:31 AM   #4
ieeestd802
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: Sep 2004
Posts: 28

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 15
Then how it will be booted ?

Quote:
Originally posted by bornhj
When you get to the Bootloader setup screen, press the "Choose bootloader" button. Then, choose the "don not install a boot loader" ratio button.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
removing the bootloader fom fedora? blackman890 Linux - Distributions 1 08-20-2005 04:28 PM
fedora 3 bootloader antiseven Fedora - Installation 1 07-26-2005 04:22 PM
restoring fedora 3 bootloader pcandpc Linux - Newbie 8 05-16-2005 11:18 PM
WinXP + Fedora Core 2 = bootloader problem tmitz Linux - Newbie 10 10-10-2004 11:32 PM
Fedora Core 1- Config bootloader? littlewhinging Linux - Software 2 04-06-2004 10:05 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration