Linux - SoftwareThis forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
KDE System Settings > General > Personal - Regional and Language
OK, this is what I suspected. So it seems that your KDE settings and your terminal settings are out of sync. Sadly, KDE doesn't have a Canadian English module so if hypermail requires that they be the same then you'll either have to change your terminal settings to US English or else change them both to British English.
You can temporarily change the language in the terminal with something like this (if I remember correctly)
and then see if that sorts out the hypermail issue. If that command doesn't work, try googling and you'll quickly find the correct syntax if I've got it wrong.
Actually, after fiddling with the config file I just ran it without doing
In the config file, I changed the language to
and I changed the output directory name to one that actually existed. I found the configuration file on the net and hadn't read it through properly. So when I first ran it, the program was trying to find the directory that was listed in the original version of the file - a directory that didn't exist on my machine.
The program gave me an error message about the language but didn't tell me that the output directory didn't exist. As you can see below, I still received an error message but hypermail processed the instructions and gave me the html'ed archive files that I wanted. In English too!
eileen@CDX:~$ hypermail -c /home/eileen/Desktop/gen.conf
Warning: the body option has been disabled. See the
INSTALL file for instructions on replacing it with a style sheet.
WARNING: locale "en_CA", not supported.
Now all I have to do is change the html templates and write a css file. I downloaded a set of templates and plan on reading them through ...