Serching some info about scripting i found this page:
which has more than 100, 256 color schemes for vim.
I searched the net on how to make my vim 256 and here's the guide i followed:
A way to add xterm with 256 colors in Debian:
* To know how many colors xterm has:
strings /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm | grep ^color[0-9] | sort -tr +1 -n
* Create a directory e.g. "build"
* cd build
* apt-get source xterm
* apt-get build-dep xterm
* untar sources
* for i in debian/patches/* ; do patch -p0 < "$i" ; done
* cd xc/programs/xterm
* chmod +x configure
* ./configure --with-x --enable-256-color --enable-wide-chars --disable-freetype
* make install
* install debian package ncurses-term (which contains the file
* set TERM=xterm-256color
* Use perl script to check colors:
(google it if it isn't in your system)
-- Ivan F. Villanueva B. --
I had a mising library at compile point, but i was able to find it with apt-get. So i finished with out errors, but i still have 16 colors in my term.
Any ideas why ?