LinuxQuestions.org
Register a domain and help support LQ
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Software
User Name
Password
Linux - Software This forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.

Notices

Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
xiaomop
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2009
Location: china
Distribution: redhat
Posts: 8

Rep: Reputation: 1
how can i get the unixodbc odbc-sqlserver driver's license


i have download the odbc-sqlserver-1.1.4-linux-86-glibc.
but it need the license to install.
how can i get it.
can anybody tell me ??
thanks very much.
 
Old 05-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
TB0ne
Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 14,137

Rep: Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaomop View Post
i have download the odbc-sqlserver-1.1.4-linux-86-glibc.
but it need the license to install.
how can i get it.
can anybody tell me ??
thanks very much.
You could have Googled for it....read the instructions on this page and follow them.

http://www.easysoft.com/products/dat...g-started.html
 
Old 05-10-2009, 10:08 AM   #3
xiaomop
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2009
Location: china
Distribution: redhat
Posts: 8

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
You could have Googled for it....read the instructions on this page and follow them.

http://www.easysoft.com/products/dat...g-started.html
3Q.i have get it..but it not free.so i have to use the other driver...is there anyother drivers i can used.
 
Old 05-10-2009, 01:09 PM   #4
TB0ne
Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 14,137

Rep: Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457Reputation: 2457
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaomop View Post
3Q.i have get it..but it not free.so i have to use the other driver...is there anyother drivers i can used.
Either pay for it, or check out Google for more solutions. You don't say anything about how you're wanting to use it, so can't give more direction than we already have.

You asked for the license, and I provided the link. If you don't want to pay for it, migrate to something else (like MySQL or PostgreSQL), or write your own data interface.
 
Old 05-11-2009, 12:37 AM   #5
xiaomop
LQ Newbie
 
Registered: May 2009
Location: china
Distribution: redhat
Posts: 8

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB0ne View Post
Either pay for it, or check out Google for more solutions. You don't say anything about how you're wanting to use it, so can't give more direction than we already have.

You asked for the license, and I provided the link. If you don't want to pay for it, migrate to something else (like MySQL or PostgreSQL), or write your own data interface.
thank you very.you are a good person.
i know....i using the freetds driver now.it's free.
i only want to config the ODBC to link the MS SQL SERVER 2000.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is it possible to use a Windows ODBC driver with unixODBC? eantoranz Linux - Software 1 07-28-2011 02:55 PM
unixODBC lord-fu *BSD 1 12-20-2006 08:54 PM
Linux Noob writing simple application that needs to query SQLServer radikaled Linux - Newbie 1 01-18-2005 11:26 AM
Connecting to (oops!!) MS SQLServer from RedHat Linux 9 kasturiranganr Linux - Software 2 09-10-2004 02:54 PM
Help: Port SQLServer to Postgres jag Linux - Distributions 0 01-11-2002 07:00 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.

Main Menu
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration