Linux - SoftwareThis forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
I know this is an ugly post, but I'm going mad trying to fix this. When running $ make to build Gabber, the following error occurs. I think that it might be because there are missing gal-devel headers. Anyway, I can see some libgal libraries in /usr/local/lib, and I have cp'd them to /usr/lib so that gnome-config can find them.. (yukky hacky-ness!). But now I'm really stuck..
here's the make output:
make: Entering directory `/home/chris/downloads/gabber/gabber-0.8.7/src'
source='GabberUtility.cc' object='GabberUtility.o' libtool=no \
depfile='.deps/GabberUtility.Po' tmpdepfile='.deps/GabberUtility.TPo' \
depmode=gcc3 /bin/sh ../depcomp \
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../jabberoo/libjudo/src/expat -I../jabberoo/libjudo/src -I../jabberoo/include -I/usr/include/gnome-xml -I/usr/include -DNEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H -I/usr/lib/gnome-libs/include -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/local/lib/gtkmm/include -I/usr/local/lib/gnomemm/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/lib/sigc++-1.0/include -I/usr/local/include/sigc++-1.0 -I/usr/local/include/gnome-1.0 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -DUNICODE_USE_SYSTEM_ICONV -I/usr/include/xmms -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DWITH_SSL -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=\"Gabber\" -DGNOMELOCALEDIR=\""/usr/local/share/locale"\" -DDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share\" -I../intl -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused -s -c -o GabberUtility.o `test -f GabberUtility.cc || echo './'`GabberUtility.cc
GabberUtility.cc: In function `string GabberUtil::toUTF8 (const string
GabberUtility.cc:131: `e_utf8_from_locale_string' undeclared (first use
GabberUtility.cc:131: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
for each function it appears in.)
GabberUtility.cc: In function `string GabberUtil::fromUTF8 (const
GabberUtility.cc:154: `e_utf8_to_locale_string' undeclared (first use
make: *** [GabberUtility.o] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/chris/downloads/gabber/gabber-0.8.7/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/chris/downloads/gabber/gabber-0.8.7'
make: *** [all] Error 2
alteratively try using Gaim. i used to use gabber, but found the network so utterly unreliable. you should be able to use all the accounts you want on Gaim just the same, i switched over a while back, and wouldn't go back to gabber now.