Originally Posted by TITiAN
i think if you make the system drive "master", you can make it always be /dev/sda1. maybe it will need some bios settings on the hd management, too, but i'm not sure.
Thanks! I found my issue and resolved it today.
For some reason, mdadm wasn't seeing every drive properly. So, I did a mdadm --assemble --scan and it rebuilt my raid array. Then I did a mount -a and saw all the data. Once that was done, I put the "failed" drive back, and ran mdadm -a /dev/md0 /dev/sdb and rebuilt my array.
All of this was for testing because I didn't want to run into issues when I put it into production.
We're a small 40 person shop, and this is the first raid array that's going into a server (I've got GREAT backups.
), so I just wanted to be absolutely sure about my array before I made it live.
Thank you all for your help!