I know the question pops up a lot, but my situation seems to be unique
. I'm using the new Firefox 2.0 and Ubuntu Dapper Drake.
This is what I have tried...
- When I first visited a site that had flash and java, Firefox told me I needed plugins. Like a true fool, I clicked on the 'Install Missing Plugins' button. It failed.
- I tried installing the plugins with Easy Ubuntu. Failed.
- I tried downloading the plugins and copying the files into the right directories in the terminal. Failed.
- I tried the shell script for installing that came with the Flash plugin. Failed.
- I tried Automatix. It told me it succeeded... but still nothing under 'about
: plugins' and I can't see flash or java.
- I tried removing all traces of flash and java from my /usr/lib/firefox directory via the terminal and uninstalling them through Automatix, then re-installing them through Automatix... still no luck.
Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?