Firefox is running
Thanks for all of the replies.
czarherr - You are probably correct. The thing is, I didn't (don't) know exactly what file needed to be changed. I was kind of hoping someone else could tell me.
mossy - I don't think my problem was exactly the same as yours. I tried out what you suggested without success. (Maybe I just did it wrong) I also found the same instructions as you gave on the Internet (at the Firefox site, actually, I think) and from what I read of the explination there, my problem was not the same. As I understood this particular solution you gave was for if Firefox was upgraded and there was an old extension that didn't work with the new Firefox. This is my first version install of Firefox
Anyhow . . .
Pingswept - I ran the command line you gave. It said firefox was running under my user.
Netkinex - Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe it will come in use at a later time, but at this point I only just installed Firefox so I don't have anything that I need to save.
. . . . So, either czarherr or mossy could have been right in the advice they gave and I was just to stupid to follow it. However, I did manage to get Foxfire working again . . . only after nearly driving myself insane. In the end I did sort of what czarherr suggested . . . I made changed the permissions to 777 for every freaking thin in the .phoenix directory that mossy brought to my attention. But that was only after I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox twice, copied and deleted various files . . . I think today was just a day where my ignorance was getting the better of me because I cannot believe that fixing such a bloody simple problem could be so hard.
Anyhow, it is working now, so I try to look at the bright side. Thanks for all the suggestions because they did at least get me started down the path of eventual success.