I've got Firefox 12 installed on my Linux Mint 12 and while all was OK, it's now been giving me a real hard time for the past few weeks and I believe it's to do with TabsGroup Manager.
Just to list the issues:
- Doesn't store login cookies - eg I need to log into gmail everytime I start firefox even though I always select 'remember me'
- I can't select any other tab groups from the groups listed on top - while all groups are listed, clicking on another groups doesn't switch to it
- Most of the times I can't close a tab - the tab just remains there and clicking on it after closing, displayes the tab next to it
- I can't close any of the tab groups
- I can't shift to other previously stored sessions in TabsGroup Manager - doing so would only open a new empty tab group
- I can't backup any tabgroups - I can only right-click once on a tab group to get a little menu. Right-clicking again doesn't do anything
- Back and Forward buttons are blank
- Bookmarks/History are all blank & I can't even bookmark tabs
- and the list continues.....
I've tried uninstalling TabsGroup Manager, restarting the PC and then re-installing TabsGroup Manager but all the problems restore.
I've also tried uninstalling Firefox, rebooting the PC and re-installing Firefox but again it just seems to be bringing up the previously installed version as I see synaptic telling me 0MB will be downloaded.
How would I be able to do a complete removal of Firefox so no configuration files remain?
Oh ya! just something I remembered - the problem came about when I did an fsck command from grub cos at that time my PC was having freezing or rebooting issues. Since that time, even Glipper (the clipboard manager) has had issues - while it loads as a startup application and is present in memory, the icon does not appear in the taksbar and thus is pretty much unsable - same thing here too,, re-installing only loads the previous dodgy configuration.
Any suggestions, pls?