Fedora Core 3 connection problem, continued
1) I am using red hat 6.1 cartman at the moment to connect
2) I can't use my web browser to access most web pages, some connect, like the mozilla.org site and redhat site
but that pretty much does it
3) I used the included firefox browser, but also tried the generic ones also included
4) no internal network, just home computer with dsl (which is working)
5) I can use lynx browser and telnet and ftp but thats it
When I did a search for the possible solution yesterday night I got some positive hits about it but was short on time and had to go out, now I can't remember the exact phrase I used to get them.
I have been googling with
fedora core 3 problems connecting to the internet
and got a bunch but the list is so long and the first ones didnt have much to help it would take years to find it that way I think
I dont really know much about the technical side of setting it up I just followed all the directions as best I could.
I also set up red hat 9.0 and it worked fine, I have set up many linux systems over the years, and am not entirely a novice, but neither a guru
Last edited by jameslewellen; 03-20-2005 at 05:12 PM.