||05-06-2007 03:24 PM
Exaile - Can't play radio stations
I start to use Exaile since it looked like a nice player, still looking for something similar to xmms, but it do look nice since it allready have some stations so you don't need to add them.
To the problem:
I'm able to play locale music files but i'm not able to listen to any of the radio station that are there by default or radio stations that i add self, i can start them and the timmer start but there is no sound.
* Python 2.4 or 2.5
* python-gtk2 (>= 2.8.6)
* gstreamer0.10, gstreamer0.10-plugins-good
* python-gst0.10 or python-gstreamer0.10
* python-cddb (for audio CD support)
* gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly (for MP3 support) <installed>
* gstreamer0.10-gnomevfs (for SHOUTcast support) <installed>
* sexy-python (to add a clear button to filters)
* python-gnome2-extras or some similarly-named package (for lyrics, better tray icon, etc.)
I should to be able to play them but i'm not, i haven't installed the usally ubuntu-desktop i did install it from the server version so it's very slim and may possible don't have a packege that i need but i don't know what package this can be or if it's a other problem, please help me with this problem.
Edit: Did change to Audacious and i still can't play the station, i'm 80% sure that it did work in xmms when i did use that some time ago, think i'm missing something but don't understand what. got gstreamer-ugly and good