Linux - SoftwareThis forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
Here's the following.
When I run the install script of KlamAV, all goes well until when he decides to compile the modules. Here's the log:
* Makefile:36: warning: overriding commands for target `install'
* Makefile:14: warning: ignoring old commands for target `install'
cp dazuko.*o /lib/modules/188.8.131.52-21.9-default;sleep 1;insmod /lib/modules/184.108.40.206-21.9-default/dazuko.*o;sleep 1;rm -f /dev/dazuko;sleep 1;mknod -m 600 /dev/dazuko c `grep dazuko /proc/devices | sed "s/ .*//"` 0;sleep 1;chown root:clamav /dev/dazuko
* insmod: error inserting '/lib/modules/220.127.116.11-21.9-default/dazuko.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module
* mknod: missing operand after `0'
* Try `mknod --help' for more information.
* chown: cannot access `/dev/dazuko': No such file or directory
* make: *** [install] Error 1
***** Return value 2
I tried compiling Dazuko (by going to the source at the tmp directory) but it all happens the same as above.
I removed the lines of device creation from the Makefile and created it by hand, but still the module won't load, returning the line: " * insmod: error inserting '/lib/modules/18.104.22.168-21.9-default/dazuko.ko': -1 Unknown symbol in module" again.
The distro is a Suse 9.3 with a 22.214.171.124-21.9-default kernel.