Linux - SoftwareThis forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
eroaster won't let me detect my cd -rw - neither as root or user. Permissions sg* are mentioned as an error - I can't find any reference to this on the forums because I can't search for sg* (I think it was sg* - I'm on W98 at work right now). I tried to change permissions but failed (root doesn't have permission?)
Damn! It was working fine with SuSE 7.3!!
i had some issues with it upgrading to md82. not that one tho... i contacted martin preibusher abuot conflicts using the new version of python, and he fixed the bug and updated it in the devel version 2.1.0, which i'm using, you might want to try it, it's on his ftp server somewhere... but i can't remember where.. i put one at http://cakenet.dynu.com/eroaster-2.1.0.tar.gz
If you installed it with the Software Manager, then you should uninstall it with the Software Manager. If you used the source initially, then you might get away with simply make and make installing the new one...should replace any files with newer ones.
It's peculiar because x-cd-roaster works but not eroaster. I WANT eroaster.
I know that it's irrational but eroater is the only burner that'll do it for me now - I'm still getting sg* errors.
Glad you're on the case amigos!
I've got a stinking cold. My own virus at last.