Email client recommendations? Specific needs inside...
Ok, where to begin. I'm looking for a good email client to use with Linux.
Want a GUI interface to use with X . . and preferably something that is ALSO available in Windows, and ideally can read the same directory for settings and mailboxes
So far I've beein doing email with Eudora Lite 3.01 in Windows, and mostly it's pretty good. I've seen no need to upgrade.
Ideally what I'd like:
1) As mentioned, preferably something available in Windows and in Linux, and that both versions can access info off the same directory (because of Win98 being what it is, this will have to be a FAT32 director for now)
2) Can strip out all HTML tags from a message
3) Does NOT do anything with attachments without me clicking a link or something to try and open it. Essentially behavior like Eudora, "here is attachment, click to do something with it"
4) Uses relative directories. . annoying part of Eudora is that it uses absolute directory names, which is annoying if I run it networked from another computer accessing mailboxes on my main machine. Throws a couple of things off....
5) Very light in CPU and resource usage.
I think that about covers it . . I am using Phoenix as a web-browser. I prefer to keep my mail and my web browser separate.
If nothing like that is available, I guess I can do without the "also available in Windows" requirement . . then I won't have to worry about relativel directories and whatnot, so that would eliminate requirement #4 as well.
Thoughts, advice, suggestions?
Thanks in advance....