I'm thinking of converting my LVM volume of 1,5.TB to RAID 5 (software) and have some questions:
- Does every disk have to be the same size? (If not, will you "lose" space?)
- Any ideas on how to approach this? (I don't have any drives to temporary move my data to
(currently using about 70% of the disk space)
- What is the preferred file system on RAID (currently using ext3)
- Any advantages with running LVM over RAID 5?
- How easy is it to add a new disk to a RAID 5 volume?
- What will happen to the RAID volume if i decide to reinstall my distro or f eks change it?
- Anything else i should now?
resources i have been reading up on:
(posted in software category because it's software raid