LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Software (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/)
-   -   ./configure fails with: libz... configure: error: not found. (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/configure-fails-with-libz-configure-error-not-found-487737/)

erpe 09-28-2006 02:04 PM

./configure fails with: libz... configure: error: not found.
 
I try to compile Space Hulk (http://r.vinot.free.fr/spacehulk/news.html) on Debian. However I can't get past the ./configure. I get this error message:

Code:

checking for libz... configure: error: not found. Check your installation and look into config.log
Here's the config.log:

Code:

configure:5152: checking for extra includes
configure:5183: checking for extra libs
configure:5217: checking for libz
configure:5243: gcc -o conftest -O2        conftest.c    -lz  -lresolv 1>&5
configure:5236:17: error: zlib.h: No such file or directory
configure: In function 'main':
configure:5239: error: 'ZLIB_VERSION' undeclared (first use in this function)
configure:5239: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
configure:5239: error: for each function it appears in.)
configure: failed program was:
#line 5234 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

#include<zlib.h>

int main() {
return (zlibVersion() == ZLIB_VERSION);
; return 0; }

Any idea what package need to be installed in order to compile this game?

HappyTux 09-28-2006 02:25 PM

The apt-file package comes up with more than a few packages containing that file but I will go with you needing the zlib1g-dev package. You will probably want to install apt-file then use apt-file update as root then you can use apt-file search file/missing.h as normal user, I would image you are going to need more packages installed this will help finding them.

Code:

>$ apt-file search  zlib.h
autoconf-archive: usr/share/doc/autoconf-archive/htmldoc/check_zlib.html
doc-linux-ja-html: usr/share/doc/HOWTO/ja-html/LFS-BOOK/appendixa/zlib.html
doc-linux-ja-html: usr/share/doc/HOWTO/ja-html/LFS-BOOK/chapter06/zlib.html
drscheme: usr/lib/plt/collects/plot/src/all/zlib.h
ecos: usr/src/ecos/packages/compat/linux/v2_0/include/linux/zlib.h
ecos: usr/src/ecos/packages/services/compress/zlib/v2_0/include/zlib.h
erlang-doc-html: usr/share/doc/erlang-doc-html/html/lib/kernel-2.11/doc/html/zlib.html
libboost-doc: usr/share/doc/libboost-doc/HTML/libs/iostreams/doc/classes/zlib.html
libboost-iostreams-dev: usr/include/boost/iostreams/detail/config/zlib.hpp
libboost-iostreams-dev: usr/include/boost/iostreams/filter/zlib.hpp
libbz2-dev: usr/include/bzlib.h
libcrypto++-dev: usr/include/crypto++/zlib.h
libdc0-dev: usr/include/dclib/core/czlib.h
libklibc-dev: usr/lib/klibc/include/linux/zlib.h
libklibc-dev: usr/lib/klibc/include/zlib.h
libnewlib-headers: usr/include/newlib/net/zlib.h
libsilc-1.0-2-dev: usr/share/doc/libsilc-dev/toolkit/zlib.html
libsword-dev: usr/include/sword/zlib.h
libvtk5-dev: usr/include/vtk-5.0/vtk_zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.15-1: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-1/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.15-1-amd64-generic: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-1-amd64-generic/include/config/jffs2/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.15-1-amd64-generic: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-1-amd64-generic/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.15-1-amd64-k8: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-1-amd64-k8/include/config/jffs2/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.15-1-amd64-k8: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-1-amd64-k8/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.15-1-amd64-k8-smp: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-1-amd64-k8-smp/include/config/jffs2/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.15-1-amd64-k8-smp: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-1-amd64-k8-smp/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.15-1-em64t-p4: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-1-em64t-p4/include/config/jffs2/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.15-1-em64t-p4: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-1-em64t-p4/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.15-1-em64t-p4-smp: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-1-em64t-p4-smp/include/config/jffs2/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.15-1-em64t-p4-smp: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.15-1-em64t-p4-smp/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-amd64-generic: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-amd64-generic/include/config/jffs2/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-amd64-generic: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-amd64-generic/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-amd64-k8: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-amd64-k8/include/config/jffs2/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-amd64-k8: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-amd64-k8/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-amd64-k8-smp: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-amd64-k8-smp/include/config/jffs2/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-amd64-k8-smp: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-amd64-k8-smp/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-em64t-p4: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-em64t-p4/include/config/jffs2/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-em64t-p4: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-em64t-p4/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-em64t-p4-smp: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-em64t-p4-smp/include/config/jffs2/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-em64t-p4-smp: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-em64t-p4-smp/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-vserver: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-vserver/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-vserver-amd64-k8: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-vserver-amd64-k8/include/config/jffs2/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-vserver-amd64-k8: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-vserver-amd64-k8/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-vserver-em64t-p4: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-vserver-em64t-p4/include/config/jffs2/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-vserver-em64t-p4: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-vserver-em64t-p4/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-xen: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-xen/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-xen-amd64-k8: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-xen-amd64-k8/include/config/jffs2/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-xen-amd64-k8: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-xen-amd64-k8/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-xen-em64t-p4: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-xen-em64t-p4/include/config/jffs2/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-xen-em64t-p4: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-xen-em64t-p4/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-xen-vserver: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-xen-vserver/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-xen-vserver-amd64-k8: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-xen-vserver-amd64-k8/include/config/jffs2/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-xen-vserver-amd64-k8: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.16-2-xen-vserver-amd64-k8/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.17-2: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.17-2/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.17-2-amd64: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.17-2-amd64/include/config/jffs2/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.17-2-amd64: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.17-2-amd64/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.17-2-vserver: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.17-2-vserver/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.17-2-vserver-amd64: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.17-2-vserver-amd64/include/config/jffs2/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.17-2-vserver-amd64: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.17-2-vserver-amd64/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.17-2-xen: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.17-2-xen/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.17-2-xen-amd64: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.17-2-xen-amd64/include/config/jffs2/zlib.h
linux-headers-2.6.17-2-xen-amd64: usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.17-2-xen-amd64/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-kernel-headers: usr/include/linux/zlib.h
linux-patch-openswan: usr/src/kernel-patches/all/openswan/linux/include/zlib/zlib.h
mozilla-dev: usr/include/mozilla/zlib/zlib.h
mzscheme: usr/share/plt/doc/mzlib/mzlib.hlog
mzscheme: usr/share/plt/doc/mzlib/mzlib.html
php-doc: usr/share/doc/php-doc/html/ref.zlib.html
python2.3-doc: usr/share/doc/python2.3/html/lib/module-zlib.html
python2.4-doc: usr/share/doc/python2.4/html/lib/module-zlib.html
python2.5-doc: usr/share/doc/python2.5/html/lib/module-zlib.html
thunderbird-dev: usr/include/thunderbird/libbz2/bzlib.h
thunderbird-dev: usr/include/thunderbird/zlib/zlib.h
x11proto-xext-dev: usr/include/X11/extensions/lbxzlib.h
zlib1g-dev: usr/include/zlib.h


erpe 09-28-2006 02:43 PM

Thanks again for the help HappyTux! Here's the output of both commands, I am not sure what this means though :confused::

# apt-file -v update
Code:

D: got 'deb http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian/ etch main '
D: kept 'deb http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian/ etch main '
D: got 'deb http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/debian-multimedia/ te
sting main '
D: kept 'deb http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/debian-multimedia/ t
esting main '
D: got 'deb http://ftp.de.debian-unofficial.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-fr
ee restricted '
D: kept 'deb http://ftp.de.debian-unofficial.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-f
ree restricted '
D: got 'deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free '
D: kept 'deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free '
D: got 'deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free '
D: kept 'deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free '
D: wget -N -P "/var/cache/apt/apt-file" -O "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/debian.uchic
ago.edu_debian_dists_etch_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp" "http://debian.uchicago.edu/deb
ian/dists/etch/Contents-amd64.gz" >/dev/null 2>&1 && (mv "/var/cache/apt/apt-fil
e/debian.uchicago.edu_debian_dists_etch_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp" "/var/cache/apt/a
pt-file/debian.uchicago.edu_debian_dists_etch_Contents-amd64.gz" && chmod 644 "/
var/cache/apt/apt-file/debian.uchicago.edu_debian_dists_etch_Contents-amd64.gz")                                                                            || (rm -f "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/debian.uchicago.edu_debian_dists_etch_Content                                                                            s-amd64.gz_tmp"; echo "http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian/dists/etch/Contents-amd                                                                            64.gz not found")
D: wget -N -P "/var/cache/apt/apt-file" -O "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/ftp.sunet.se_pub_os_Linux_distributions_debian-multimedia_dists_testing_Conten          ts-amd64.gz_tmp" "http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/debian-multimedia/dists/testing/Contents-amd64.gz" >/dev/null 2>&1 && (mv "/var/c          ache/apt/apt-file/ftp.sunet.se_pub_os_Linux_distributions_debian-multimedia_dists_testing_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp" "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/ftp.sune          t.se_pub_os_Linux_distributions_debian-multimedia_dists_testing_Contents-amd64.gz" && chmod 644 "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/ftp.sunet.se_pub_os_Linux          _distributions_debian-multimedia_dists_testing_Contents-amd64.gz")|| (rm -f "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/ftp.sunet.se_pub_os_Linux_distributions_debia          n-multimedia_dists_testing_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp"; echo "http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/debian-multimedia/dists/testing/Contents-a          md64.gz not found")
D: wget -N -P "/var/cache/apt/apt-file" -O "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/ftp.de.debian-unofficial.org_debian_dists_etch_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp" "http://          ftp.de.debian-unofficial.org/debian/dists/etch/Contents-amd64.gz" >/dev/null 2>&1 && (mv "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/ftp.de.debian-unofficial.org_deb          ian_dists_etch_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp" "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/ftp.de.debian-unofficial.org_debian_dists_etch_Contents-amd64.gz" && chmod 644 "/va          r/cache/apt/apt-file/ftp.de.debian-unofficial.org_debian_dists_etch_Contents-amd64.gz")|| (rm -f "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/ftp.de.debian-unofficial          .org_debian_dists_etch_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp"; echo "http://ftp.de.debian-unofficial.org/debian/dists/etch/Contents-amd64.gz not found")
D: wget -N -P "/var/cache/apt/apt-file" -O "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/security.debian.org_dists_stable_updates_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp" "http://securi          ty.debian.org/dists/stable/updates/Contents-amd64.gz" >/dev/null 2>&1 && (mv "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/security.debian.org_dists_stable_updates_Con          tents-amd64.gz_tmp" "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/security.debian.org_dists_stable_updates_Contents-amd64.gz" && chmod 644 "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/sec          urity.debian.org_dists_stable_updates_Contents-amd64.gz")|| (rm -f "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/security.debian.org_dists_stable_updates_Contents-amd6          4.gz_tmp"; echo "http://security.debian.org/dists/stable/updates/Contents-amd64.gz not found")
D: wget -N -P "/var/cache/apt/apt-file" -O "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/security.debian.org_dists_etch_updates_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp" "http://security          .debian.org/dists/etch/updates/Contents-amd64.gz" >/dev/null 2>&1 && (mv "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/security.debian.org_dists_etch_updates_Contents-          amd64.gz_tmp" "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/security.debian.org_dists_etch_updates_Contents-amd64.gz" && chmod 644 "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/security.de          bian.org_dists_etch_updates_Contents-amd64.gz")|| (rm -f "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/security.debian.org_dists_etch_updates_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp"; e          cho "http://security.debian.org/dists/etch/updates/Contents-amd64.gz not found")

% apt-file -v search file zlib.h

Code:

......
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZODB/lock_file.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZODB/tests/test_doctest_files.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/apidoc/codemodule/browser/textfile_index.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/apidoc/codemodule/browser/zcmlfile_index.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/DEPENDENCIES.cfg
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/SETUP.cfg
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/__init__.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/__init__.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/configure.zcml
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/file.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/file.txt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/file_add.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/file_icon.gif
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/file_upload.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/ftests.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/image.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/image_edit.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/image_icon.gif
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/tests/__init__.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/tests/test_file.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/tests/test_imagedata.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/url.txt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/configure.zcml
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/file.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/image.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/interfaces.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/tests/__init__.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/tests/test_file.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/tests/test_image.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/filerepresentation/__init__.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/filerepresentation/interfaces.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/folder/filerepresentation.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/form/browser/ftests/test_filewidget.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/form/browser/tests/test_filewidget.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/DEPENDENCIES.cfg
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/SETUP.cfg
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/__init__.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/browser/__init__.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/browser/configure.zcml
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/browser/file_edit.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/browser/ftests.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/browser/i18nfile.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/browser/i18nfile.txt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/browser/i18nimage.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/browser/i18nimage.txt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/browser/image_edit.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/configure.zcml
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/i18nfile.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/i18nimage.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/interfaces.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/tests/__init__.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/tests/test_i18nfile.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/tests/test_i18nimage.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/pagetemplate/viewpagetemplatefile.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/fileresource.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/i18nfileresource.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/test_fileresource.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/testfiles/png
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/testfiles/subdir/test.gif
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/testfiles/test.gif
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/testfiles/test.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/testfiles/test.txt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/testfiles/test2.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/testfiles/test3.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/testfiles/testresource.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/testi18nfileresource.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/fileresource.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/wsgi/fileresult.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/wsgi/fileresult.txt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/pagetemplate/pagetemplatefile.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/pagetemplate/tests/test_ptfile.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/server/logger/filelogger.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/server/logger/rotatingfilelogger.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/tal/tests/test_files.py
zope3: usr/lib/zope3/zopeskel/etc/package-includes/file-configure.zcml
zope3: usr/lib/zope3/zopeskel/etc/package-includes/i18nfile-configure.zcml
zoph: usr/share/doc/zoph/contrib/load_photos/Makefile
zsh: etc/zsh/zprofile
zsh: usr/lib/zsh/4.3.2/zsh/files.so
zsh: usr/lib/zsh/4.3.2/zsh/mapfile.so
zsh: usr/share/doc/zsh/examples/Util/helpfiles.gz
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Base/_correct_filename
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Base/_most_recent_file
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Darwin/_mac_files_for_application
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Unix/_file_systems
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Unix/_files
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Unix/_path_files
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Unix/_tilde_files
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Zsh/_file_descriptors
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Zsh/_suffix_alias_files
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Zle/insert-files
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Zle/zed-set-file-name
zsh: usr/share/zsh/help/compfiles
......


HappyTux 09-28-2006 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erpe
Thanks again for the help HappyTux! Here's the output of both commands, I am not sure what this means though :confused::

# apt-file -v update
Code:

D: got 'deb http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian/ etch main '
D: kept 'deb http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian/ etch main '
D: got 'deb http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/debian-multimedia/ te
sting main '
D: kept 'deb http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/debian-multimedia/ t
esting main '
D: got 'deb http://ftp.de.debian-unofficial.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-fr
ee restricted '
D: kept 'deb http://ftp.de.debian-unofficial.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-f
ree restricted '
D: got 'deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free '
D: kept 'deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free '
D: got 'deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free '
D: kept 'deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free '
D: wget -N -P "/var/cache/apt/apt-file" -O "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/debian.uchic
ago.edu_debian_dists_etch_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp" "http://debian.uchicago.edu/deb
ian/dists/etch/Contents-amd64.gz" >/dev/null 2>&1 && (mv "/var/cache/apt/apt-fil
e/debian.uchicago.edu_debian_dists_etch_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp" "/var/cache/apt/a
pt-file/debian.uchicago.edu_debian_dists_etch_Contents-amd64.gz" && chmod 644 "/
var/cache/apt/apt-file/debian.uchicago.edu_debian_dists_etch_Contents-amd64.gz")                                                                            || (rm -f "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/debian.uchicago.edu_debian_dists_etch_Content                                                                            s-amd64.gz_tmp"; echo "http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian/dists/etch/Contents-amd                                                                            64.gz not found")
D: wget -N -P "/var/cache/apt/apt-file" -O "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/ftp.sunet.se_pub_os_Linux_distributions_debian-multimedia_dists_testing_Conten          ts-amd64.gz_tmp" "http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/debian-multimedia/dists/testing/Contents-amd64.gz" >/dev/null 2>&1 && (mv "/var/c          ache/apt/apt-file/ftp.sunet.se_pub_os_Linux_distributions_debian-multimedia_dists_testing_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp" "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/ftp.sune          t.se_pub_os_Linux_distributions_debian-multimedia_dists_testing_Contents-amd64.gz" && chmod 644 "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/ftp.sunet.se_pub_os_Linux          _distributions_debian-multimedia_dists_testing_Contents-amd64.gz")|| (rm -f "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/ftp.sunet.se_pub_os_Linux_distributions_debia          n-multimedia_dists_testing_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp"; echo "http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/debian-multimedia/dists/testing/Contents-a          md64.gz not found")
D: wget -N -P "/var/cache/apt/apt-file" -O "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/ftp.de.debian-unofficial.org_debian_dists_etch_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp" "http://          ftp.de.debian-unofficial.org/debian/dists/etch/Contents-amd64.gz" >/dev/null 2>&1 && (mv "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/ftp.de.debian-unofficial.org_deb          ian_dists_etch_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp" "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/ftp.de.debian-unofficial.org_debian_dists_etch_Contents-amd64.gz" && chmod 644 "/va          r/cache/apt/apt-file/ftp.de.debian-unofficial.org_debian_dists_etch_Contents-amd64.gz")|| (rm -f "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/ftp.de.debian-unofficial          .org_debian_dists_etch_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp"; echo "http://ftp.de.debian-unofficial.org/debian/dists/etch/Contents-amd64.gz not found")
D: wget -N -P "/var/cache/apt/apt-file" -O "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/security.debian.org_dists_stable_updates_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp" "http://securi          ty.debian.org/dists/stable/updates/Contents-amd64.gz" >/dev/null 2>&1 && (mv "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/security.debian.org_dists_stable_updates_Con          tents-amd64.gz_tmp" "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/security.debian.org_dists_stable_updates_Contents-amd64.gz" && chmod 644 "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/sec          urity.debian.org_dists_stable_updates_Contents-amd64.gz")|| (rm -f "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/security.debian.org_dists_stable_updates_Contents-amd6          4.gz_tmp"; echo "http://security.debian.org/dists/stable/updates/Contents-amd64.gz not found")
D: wget -N -P "/var/cache/apt/apt-file" -O "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/security.debian.org_dists_etch_updates_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp" "http://security          .debian.org/dists/etch/updates/Contents-amd64.gz" >/dev/null 2>&1 && (mv "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/security.debian.org_dists_etch_updates_Contents-          amd64.gz_tmp" "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/security.debian.org_dists_etch_updates_Contents-amd64.gz" && chmod 644 "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/security.de          bian.org_dists_etch_updates_Contents-amd64.gz")|| (rm -f "/var/cache/apt/apt-file/security.debian.org_dists_etch_updates_Contents-amd64.gz_tmp"; e          cho "http://security.debian.org/dists/etch/updates/Contents-amd64.gz not found")


Not all repositories have the necessary files for apt-file to work those would be the not found you see above.

Quote:

% apt-file -v search file zlib.h

Code:

......
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZODB/lock_file.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ZODB/tests/test_doctest_files.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/apidoc/codemodule/browser/textfile_index.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/apidoc/codemodule/browser/zcmlfile_index.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/DEPENDENCIES.cfg
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/SETUP.cfg
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/__init__.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/__init__.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/configure.zcml
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/file.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/file.txt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/file_add.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/file_icon.gif
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/file_upload.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/ftests.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/image.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/image_edit.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/image_icon.gif
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/tests/__init__.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/tests/test_file.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/tests/test_imagedata.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/browser/url.txt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/configure.zcml
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/file.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/image.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/interfaces.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/tests/__init__.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/tests/test_file.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/file/tests/test_image.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/filerepresentation/__init__.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/filerepresentation/interfaces.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/folder/filerepresentation.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/form/browser/ftests/test_filewidget.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/form/browser/tests/test_filewidget.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/DEPENDENCIES.cfg
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/SETUP.cfg
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/__init__.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/browser/__init__.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/browser/configure.zcml
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/browser/file_edit.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/browser/ftests.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/browser/i18nfile.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/browser/i18nfile.txt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/browser/i18nimage.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/browser/i18nimage.txt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/browser/image_edit.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/configure.zcml
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/i18nfile.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/i18nimage.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/interfaces.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/tests/__init__.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/tests/test_i18nfile.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/i18nfile/tests/test_i18nimage.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/pagetemplate/viewpagetemplatefile.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/fileresource.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/i18nfileresource.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/test_fileresource.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/testfiles/png
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/testfiles/subdir/test.gif
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/testfiles/test.gif
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/testfiles/test.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/testfiles/test.txt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/testfiles/test2.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/testfiles/test3.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/testfiles/testresource.pt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/browser/tests/testi18nfileresource.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/publisher/fileresource.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/wsgi/fileresult.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/app/wsgi/fileresult.txt
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/pagetemplate/pagetemplatefile.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/pagetemplate/tests/test_ptfile.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/server/logger/filelogger.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/server/logger/rotatingfilelogger.py
zope3: usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/zope/tal/tests/test_files.py
zope3: usr/lib/zope3/zopeskel/etc/package-includes/file-configure.zcml
zope3: usr/lib/zope3/zopeskel/etc/package-includes/i18nfile-configure.zcml
zoph: usr/share/doc/zoph/contrib/load_photos/Makefile
zsh: etc/zsh/zprofile
zsh: usr/lib/zsh/4.3.2/zsh/files.so
zsh: usr/lib/zsh/4.3.2/zsh/mapfile.so
zsh: usr/share/doc/zsh/examples/Util/helpfiles.gz
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Base/_correct_filename
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Base/_most_recent_file
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Darwin/_mac_files_for_application
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Unix/_file_systems
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Unix/_files
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Unix/_path_files
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Unix/_tilde_files
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Zsh/_file_descriptors
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Completion/Zsh/_suffix_alias_files
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Zle/insert-files
zsh: usr/share/zsh/4.3.2/functions/Zle/zed-set-file-name
zsh: usr/share/zsh/help/compfiles
......


Not sure what that is doing I don't see many zlib.h's in that output what does the output of apt-cache policy zlib1g-dev show you that is the package you should install. Ah I see now it would be apt-file search zlib.h not with the file in there the file/missing.h I had in my example was just that an example as sometimes the missing file needed will show the directory path so you can include that when searching, the -v is not really needed unless you enjoy seeing all that extra output that is.

erpe 09-28-2006 03:40 PM

@HappyTux
Aah now I see :D. Something else; you seem to know a lot about Debian/Linux. Do you have tips/links/ideas where I can learn more about Debian? I already have purchased (and read) "The Debian System and "Debian GNU/Linux Bible 3.1". However I feel that there is more to learn. maybe you can point me in the right direction?












Edit: When using ./configure I get a new error :(. Any ideas what this could be?
Code:

checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check your installation and add the correct paths!

HappyTux 09-28-2006 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erpe
@HappyTux
Aah now I see :D. Something else; you seem to know a lot about Debian/Linux. Do you have tips/links/ideas where I can learn more about Debian? I already have purchased (and read) "The Debian System and "Debian GNU/Linux Bible 3.1". However I feel that there is more to learn. maybe you can point me in the right direction?












Edit: When using ./configure I get a new error :(. Any ideas what this could be?
Code:

checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check your installation and add the correct paths!


For the new error you need the X development files if using X org then install xorg-dev and for that matter the build-essential package just in you do not have it installed. Well one tip for what you are doing right now compiling is when you get to the make install step use instead the checkinstall package to build a .deb that gets installed. You would use something like this as he command line for it running as norma user su -c 'checkinstall -D --pkgname=qspacehulk --pkgversion=1.05-beta1 --maintainer="Your Name some@email.net"' then answer yes to the questions and it will build then install the .deb package for you allowing the packing system to know it is installed also helps with easy removal of locally compiled software. Since I see it is QT app and the INSTALL file mentions it you could be using ./configure --enable-mt with maybe --prefix=/usr added there as well if you want the files installed into the normal path instead of /usr/local and if this was a KDE app then you would want --prefix='kde-config --prefix' there instead you may want to try just the ./configure though and post the output here so I can see it. Now you will need at least the libqt3-headers and libqt3-mt-dev packages installed to compile a QT app the -mt and the non-threaded do not install together if I recall it correctly so the --enable-mt may not be needed. For more general Debian knowledge I just read as much as I can I like the debian-user and debian-dev mailing lists there is a lot of cruft there sometimes but you usually always come up with a few good pieces of information and of course http://www.google.com/linux for any errors is always a great place to start usually adding a Debian on the end of the error.

erpe 09-28-2006 05:01 PM

Thanks again for the extensive answer. I will try to compile spacehulhulk with checkinstall tomorrow. I was already subcribed to several Debian announce mailing list, I added debian-devel and debian-user now :) :study:

HappyTux 09-28-2006 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erpe
Thanks again for the extensive answer. I will try to compile spacehulhulk with checkinstall tomorrow. I was already subcribed to several Debian announce mailing list, I added debian-devel and debian-user now :) :study:

Ok if you find the volume of email a little too much you can always read the posts through http://news.gmane.org/ a web gateway to many lists.

erpe 09-28-2006 05:46 PM

I made a seperate folder and rule for lists.debian.org in Thunderbird to prevent my inbox for getting overwhelmed ;)

HappyTux 09-28-2006 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erpe
I made a seperate folder and rule for lists.debian.org in Thunderbird to prevent my inbox for getting overwhelmed ;)

Ah good idea I do the same in Kmail you might also want to go for the debian-amd64 as well since I see you run this for you distro it is a lower volume list.

erpe 10-11-2006 02:55 PM

New error :-(
 
Hmm, I get a new error :cry:. I tried installing libqt4-dev and python-qt4-dev but this eror persists:

Code:

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.1) (headers and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.

I hope you can help me!

HappyTux 10-11-2006 03:31 PM

Try installing libqt3-headers and installing the qt3 versions of the libraries (libqt3-mt-dev if not already there) as the qt4 is not needed and in fact still errored when tried the configure here with them use the command I have used in the below to get it to finish properly.

Code:

~/archives/tar/spacehulk-1.5-beta1]
>$ ./configure --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3 --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/qt3
loading cache ./config.cache
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking target system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
checking for -p flag to install... yes
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for working aclocal-1.4... missing
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake-1.4... missing
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) gcc -E
checking for c++... (cached) c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... (cached) yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... (cached) yes
checking whether c++ supports -fno-exceptions... (cached) yes
checking whether c++ supports -fno-check-new... (cached) yes
checking whether c++ supports -fexceptions... (cached) yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... (cached) c++ -E
checking whether c++ supports -frepo... (cached) yes
checking for ld used by GCC... (cached) /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... (cached) yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... (cached) -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... (cached) /usr/bin/nm -B
checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
checking how to recognise dependant libraries... (cached) file_magic ELF [0-9][0-9]*-bit [LM]SB (shared object|dynamic lib )
checking for file... (cached) /usr/bin/file
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for strip... (cached) strip
checking for Cygwin environment... (cached) no
checking for mingw32 environment... (cached) no
loading cache ./config.cache within ltconfig
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... (cached) yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for gcc option to produce PIC...  -fPIC -DPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag  -fPIC -DPIC works... (cached) yes
checking if gcc static flag -static works... (cached) yes
finding the maximum length of command line arguments... (cached) 73729
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions ... no
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking for dlfcn.h... (cached) yes
checking whether a program can dlopen itself... (cached) yes
checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... (cached) no
creating libtool
loading cache ./config.cache
loading cache ./config.cache within ltconfig
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
ltcf-cxx: with_gcc=yes ; with_gnu_ld=yes
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for c++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if c++ PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if c++ static flag -static works... yes
finding the maximum length of command line arguments... (cached) 73729
checking if c++ supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking if c++ supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions ... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok
checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking for dlfcn.h... (cached) yes
checking whether a program can dlopen itself... (cached) yes
checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... (cached) no
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
checking for object suffix... o
checking for executable suffix... no
checking for main in -lutil... yes
checking for main in -lcompat... no
checking for crypt in -lcrypt... yes
checking for socklen_t... socklen_t
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet... no
checking for dnet_ntoa in -ldnet_stub... no
checking for inet_ntoa... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for res_init... no
checking for killpg in -lucb... no
checking size of int... 4
checking size of long... 8
checking size of char *... 8
checking size of char... 1
checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes
checking for shl_unload in -ldld... no
checking for extra includes... no
checking for extra libs... no
checking for libz... -lz
checking for X... libraries /usr/lib, headers .
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
checking for libXext... yes
checking for Xinerama... no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
checking for libpng... -lpng -lz -lm
checking for libjpeg6b... no
checking for libjpeg... -ljpeg
checking for Qt... libraries /usr/lib/qt3, headers /usr/include/qt3 using -mt
checking for moc... /usr/bin/moc
checking for uic... /usr/bin/uic
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating src/Makefile
creating doc/Makefile
creating data/Makefile
creating data/levels/Makefile
creating data/sounds/Makefile
creating data/themes/Makefile
creating data/themes/Deathwing/Makefile
creating config.h


erpe 10-11-2006 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyTux
Try installing libqt3-headers and installing the qt3 versions of the libraries (libqt3-mt-dev if not already there) as the qt4 is not needed and in fact still errored when tried the configure here with them use the command I have used in the below to get it to finish properly.

Thanks again for your quick answer! I have both libqt3-mt-de and libqt3-headers already installed:

apt-cache policy libqt3-headers
Code:

libqt3-headers:
  Installed: 3:3.3.6-4
  Candidate: 3:3.3.6-4
  Version table:
 *** 3:3.3.6-4 0
        500 http://ftp.easynet.be etch/main Packages
        500 http://ftp.tu-graz.ac.at sid/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

apt-cache policy libqt3-mt-dev
Code:

libqt3-mt-dev:
  Installed: 3:3.3.6-4
  Candidate: 3:3.3.6-4
  Version table:
 *** 3:3.3.6-4 0
        500 http://ftp.easynet.be etch/main Packages
        500 http://ftp.tu-graz.ac.at sid/main Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I hope you have more ideas?!

Edit:
I installed kde-develop but this didn't work either.

P.S.
Is there something of an development option in taskselect so that you can easily install all relevant dev packages and won't run into these problems?

erpe 10-11-2006 05:32 PM

Edit 2: I was thinking could it be that ./configure can't find qt3 because it's looking in the wrong directory:

Code:

configure:6461: checking for Qt
configure: 6525: /usr/lib/qt3/include/qstyle.h
configure: 6525: /usr/lib/qt3/qstyle.h
configure: 6525: /usr/lib/qt/include/qstyle.h
configure: 6525: /usr/lib/qt/qstyle.h
configure: 6525: /usr/local/qt/include/qstyle.h
configure: 6525: /usr/include/qt/qstyle.h
configure: 6525: /usr/include/qstyle.h
configure: 6525: /usr/X11R6/include/X11/qt/qstyle.h
configure: 6525: /usr/X11R6/include/qt/qstyle.h
configure: 6525: /usr/X11R6/include/qt2/qstyle.h
configure: 6525: ./qstyle.h
tried NO
tried /usr/lib/qt3/lib
tried /usr/lib/qt3
tried /usr/lib/qt/lib
tried /usr/lib/qt
tried /usr/X11R6/lib
configure:6637: rm -rf SunWS_cache; c++ -o conftest -O2 -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -INO -I.  -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib  conftest.C  -lqt-mt -lpng -lz -lm -ljpeg -ldl  -lXext -lX11 -lSM -lICE  -lresolv -lpthread 1>&5
conftest.C:2:21: error: qglobal.h: No such file or directory
conftest.C:3:26: error: qapplication.h: No such file or directory
conftest.C:4:21: error: qcursor.h: No such file or directory
conftest.C:5:27: error: qstylefactory.h: No such file or directory
conftest.C:6:34: error: private/qucomextra_p.h: No such file or directory
conftest.C:8:2: error: #error 1
conftest.C: In function 'int main()':
conftest.C:12: error: 'QStyleFactory' was not declared in this scope
conftest.C:12: error: expected `;' before '::' token
conftest.C:13: error: 'QCursor' was not declared in this scope
conftest.C:13: error: expected `;' before 'c'
configure: failed program was:
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <qglobal.h>
#include <qapplication.h>
#include <qcursor.h>
#include <qstylefactory.h>
#include <private/qucomextra_p.h>
#if ! (QT_VERSION >= 301)
#error 1
#endif

int main() {
    (void)QStyleFactory::create(QString::null);
    QCursor c(Qt::WhatsThisCursor);
    return 0;

According to synaptic the q3 headers are installed here:

Code:

/.
/usr
/usr/include
/usr/include/qt3
/usr/include/qt3/qinputcontext.h
/usr/include/qt3/qinputcontextfactory.h
/usr/include/qt3/qinputcontextplugin.h
/usr/include/qt3/private
/usr/include/qt3/private/qapplication_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qcolor_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qcom_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qcomlibrary_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qcomponentfactory_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qcriticalsection_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qdialogbuttons_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qdir_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qeffects_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qeventloop_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qfiledefs_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qfontcodecs_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qfontdata_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qfontengine_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qgfxdriverinterface_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qgl_x11_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qgpluginmanager_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qimageformatinterface_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qinputcontext_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qinternal_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qisciicodec_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qkbddriverinterface_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qlayoutengine_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qlibrary_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qlocale_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qlock_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qmousedriverinterface_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qmutex_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qmutexpool_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qpainter_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qpluginmanager_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qprinter_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qpsprinter_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qrichtext_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qscriptengine_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qsettings_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qsharedmemory_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qsqldriverinterface_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qsqlextension_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qsqlmanager_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qstyleinterface_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qsvgdevice_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qsyntaxhighlighter_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qt_x11_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qtextcodecinterface_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qtextengine_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qtextlayout_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qthreadinstance_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qtitlebar_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qucom_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qucomextra_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qunicodetables_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qwidget_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qwidgetinterface_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/private/qwidgetresizehandler_p.h
/usr/include/qt3/qabstractlayout.h
/usr/include/qt3/qaccel.h
/usr/include/qt3/qaccessible.h
/usr/include/qt3/qaction.h
/usr/include/qt3/qapplication.h
/usr/include/qt3/qasciicache.h
/usr/include/qt3/qasciidict.h
/usr/include/qt3/qasyncimageio.h
/usr/include/qt3/qasyncio.h
/usr/include/qt3/qbig5codec.h
/usr/include/qt3/qbitarray.h
/usr/include/qt3/qbitmap.h
/usr/include/qt3/qbrush.h
/usr/include/qt3/qbuffer.h
/usr/include/qt3/qbutton.h
/usr/include/qt3/qbuttongroup.h
/usr/include/qt3/qcache.h
/usr/include/qt3/qcanvas.h
/usr/include/qt3/qcdestyle.h
/usr/include/qt3/qcheckbox.h
/usr/include/qt3/qcleanuphandler.h
/usr/include/qt3/qclipboard.h
/usr/include/qt3/qcolor.h
/usr/include/qt3/qcolordialog.h
/usr/include/qt3/qcombobox.h
/usr/include/qt3/qcommonstyle.h
/usr/include/qt3/qcompactstyle.h
/usr/include/qt3/qconnection.h
/usr/include/qt3/qcstring.h
/usr/include/qt3/qcursor.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdatabrowser.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdatastream.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdatatable.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdataview.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdatetime.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdatetimeedit.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdeepcopy.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdesktopwidget.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdial.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdialog.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdict.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdir.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdns.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdockarea.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdockwindow.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdom.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdragobject.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdrawutil.h
/usr/include/qt3/qdropsite.h
/usr/include/qt3/qeditorfactory.h
/usr/include/qt3/qerrormessage.h
/usr/include/qt3/qeucjpcodec.h
/usr/include/qt3/qeuckrcodec.h
/usr/include/qt3/qevent.h
/usr/include/qt3/qeventloop.h
/usr/include/qt3/qfeatures.h
/usr/include/qt3/qfile.h
/usr/include/qt3/qfiledialog.h
/usr/include/qt3/qfileinfo.h
/usr/include/qt3/qfocusdata.h
/usr/include/qt3/qfont.h
/usr/include/qt3/qfontdatabase.h
/usr/include/qt3/qfontdialog.h
/usr/include/qt3/qfontinfo.h
/usr/include/qt3/qfontmetrics.h
/usr/include/qt3/qframe.h
/usr/include/qt3/qftp.h
/usr/include/qt3/qgarray.h
/usr/include/qt3/qgb18030codec.h
/usr/include/qt3/qgbkcodec.h
/usr/include/qt3/qgcache.h
/usr/include/qt3/qgdict.h
/usr/include/qt3/qgeneric.h
/usr/include/qt3/qgif.h
/usr/include/qt3/qglist.h
/usr/include/qt3/qglobal.h
/usr/include/qt3/qgplugin.h
/usr/include/qt3/qgrid.h
/usr/include/qt3/qgridview.h
/usr/include/qt3/qgroupbox.h
/usr/include/qt3/qguardedptr.h
/usr/include/qt3/qgvector.h
/usr/include/qt3/qhbox.h
/usr/include/qt3/qhbuttongroup.h
/usr/include/qt3/qheader.h
/usr/include/qt3/qhgroupbox.h
/usr/include/qt3/qhostaddress.h
/usr/include/qt3/qhttp.h
/usr/include/qt3/qiconset.h
/usr/include/qt3/qiconview.h
/usr/include/qt3/qimage.h
/usr/include/qt3/qimageformatplugin.h
/usr/include/qt3/qinputdialog.h
/usr/include/qt3/qintcache.h
/usr/include/qt3/qintdict.h
/usr/include/qt3/qinterlacestyle.h
/usr/include/qt3/qiodevice.h
/usr/include/qt3/qjiscodec.h
/usr/include/qt3/qjpegio.h
/usr/include/qt3/qjpunicode.h
/usr/include/qt3/qkeycode.h
/usr/include/qt3/qkeysequence.h
/usr/include/qt3/qlabel.h
/usr/include/qt3/qlayout.h
/usr/include/qt3/qlcdnumber.h
/usr/include/qt3/qlibrary.h
/usr/include/qt3/qlineedit.h
/usr/include/qt3/qlistbox.h
/usr/include/qt3/qlistview.h
/usr/include/qt3/qlocale.h
/usr/include/qt3/qlocalfs.h
/usr/include/qt3/qmainwindow.h
/usr/include/qt3/qmap.h
/usr/include/qt3/qmemarray.h
/usr/include/qt3/qmenubar.h
/usr/include/qt3/qmenudata.h
/usr/include/qt3/qmessagebox.h
/usr/include/qt3/qmetaobject.h
/usr/include/qt3/qmime.h
/usr/include/qt3/qmngio.h
/usr/include/qt3/qmotifstyle.h
/usr/include/qt3/qmotifplusstyle.h
/usr/include/qt3/qmovie.h
/usr/include/qt3/qmultilineedit.h
/usr/include/qt3/qmutex.h
/usr/include/qt3/qnamespace.h
/usr/include/qt3/qnetwork.h
/usr/include/qt3/qnetworkprotocol.h
/usr/include/qt3/qnp.h
/usr/include/qt3/qobject.h
/usr/include/qt3/qobjectcleanuphandler.h
/usr/include/qt3/qobjectdefs.h
/usr/include/qt3/qobjectdict.h
/usr/include/qt3/qobjectlist.h
/usr/include/qt3/qpaintdevice.h
/usr/include/qt3/qpaintdevicedefs.h
/usr/include/qt3/qpaintdevicemetrics.h
/usr/include/qt3/qpainter.h
/usr/include/qt3/qpair.h
/usr/include/qt3/qpalette.h
/usr/include/qt3/qpen.h
/usr/include/qt3/qpicture.h
/usr/include/qt3/qpixmap.h
/usr/include/qt3/qpixmapcache.h
/usr/include/qt3/qplatinumstyle.h
/usr/include/qt3/qpngio.h
/usr/include/qt3/qpoint.h
/usr/include/qt3/qpointarray.h
/usr/include/qt3/qpolygonscanner.h
/usr/include/qt3/qpopupmenu.h
/usr/include/qt3/qprintdialog.h
/usr/include/qt3/qprinter.h
/usr/include/qt3/qprocess.h
/usr/include/qt3/qprogressbar.h
/usr/include/qt3/qprogressdialog.h
/usr/include/qt3/qptrcollection.h
/usr/include/qt3/qptrdict.h
/usr/include/qt3/qptrlist.h
/usr/include/qt3/qptrqueue.h
/usr/include/qt3/qptrstack.h
/usr/include/qt3/qptrvector.h
/usr/include/qt3/qpushbutton.h
/usr/include/qt3/qradiobutton.h
/usr/include/qt3/qrangecontrol.h
/usr/include/qt3/qrect.h
/usr/include/qt3/qregexp.h
/usr/include/qt3/qregion.h
/usr/include/qt3/qrtlcodec.h
/usr/include/qt3/qscrollbar.h
/usr/include/qt3/qscrollview.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsemaphore.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsemimodal.h
/usr/include/qt3/qserversocket.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsession.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsessionmanager.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsettings.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsgistyle.h
/usr/include/qt3/qshared.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsignal.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsignalmapper.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsignalslotimp.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsimplerichtext.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsize.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsizegrip.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsizepolicy.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsjiscodec.h
/usr/include/qt3/qslider.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsocket.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsocketdevice.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsocketnotifier.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsortedlist.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsound.h
/usr/include/qt3/qspinbox.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsplashscreen.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsplitter.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsql.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsqlcursor.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsqldatabase.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsqldriver.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsqldriverplugin.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsqleditorfactory.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsqlerror.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsqlfield.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsqlform.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsqlindex.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsqlpropertymap.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsqlquery.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsqlrecord.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsqlresult.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsqlselectcursor.h
/usr/include/qt3/qstatusbar.h
/usr/include/qt3/qstring.h
/usr/include/qt3/qstringlist.h
/usr/include/qt3/qstrlist.h
/usr/include/qt3/qstrvec.h
/usr/include/qt3/qstyle.h
/usr/include/qt3/qstylefactory.h
/usr/include/qt3/qstyleplugin.h
/usr/include/qt3/qstylesheet.h
/usr/include/qt3/qsyntaxhighlighter.h
/usr/include/qt3/qt.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtabbar.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtabdialog.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtable.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtabwidget.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtextbrowser.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtextcodec.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtextcodecfactory.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtextcodecplugin.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtextedit.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtextstream.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtextview.h
/usr/include/qt3/qthread.h
/usr/include/qt3/qthreadstorage.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtimer.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtl.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtoolbar.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtoolbox.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtoolbutton.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtooltip.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtranslator.h
/usr/include/qt3/qtsciicodec.h
/usr/include/qt3/qurl.h
/usr/include/qt3/qurlinfo.h
/usr/include/qt3/qurloperator.h
/usr/include/qt3/qutfcodec.h
/usr/include/qt3/quuid.h
/usr/include/qt3/qvalidator.h
/usr/include/qt3/qvaluelist.h
/usr/include/qt3/qvaluestack.h
/usr/include/qt3/qvaluevector.h
/usr/include/qt3/qvariant.h
/usr/include/qt3/qvbox.h
/usr/include/qt3/qvbuttongroup.h
/usr/include/qt3/qvfbhdr.h
/usr/include/qt3/qvgroupbox.h
/usr/include/qt3/qwaitcondition.h
/usr/include/qt3/qwhatsthis.h
/usr/include/qt3/qwidget.h
/usr/include/qt3/qwidgetintdict.h
/usr/include/qt3/qwidgetlist.h
/usr/include/qt3/qwidgetplugin.h
/usr/include/qt3/qwidgetstack.h
/usr/include/qt3/qwindowdefs.h
/usr/include/qt3/qwindowsstyle.h
/usr/include/qt3/qwinexport.h
/usr/include/qt3/qwizard.h
/usr/include/qt3/qwmatrix.h
/usr/include/qt3/qworkspace.h
/usr/include/qt3/qxml.h
/usr/share
/usr/share/doc
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-headers
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-headers/copyright
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-headers/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/libqt3-headers/changelog.Debian.gz


HappyTux 10-11-2006 05:37 PM

You need to use the same configure command as in my output above (./configure --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt3 --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/qt3) or it is not going to find what it needs.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 AM.