I had this problem, and did a little searching on the internet, and came up with this.
1) Go to http://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachme...10&action=diff
and notice the difference in the the header files included (The one on the right is how you are going to want it to look like.
2) Go to your cairo directory, in it, there should be a folder names "src". Open the folder, and look for the file "cairo-type1-subset.c"
3) Once you find the file, make a backup copy of it (just for good practice), then open it in your favorite text editor.
4) Look for the part of the file that looks like the text on the page linked above, and add the line highlighted in green as in the right side of the page linked above.
5) Save the file
6) run ./configure again, and make, and it should build. then make install
Hope this helped!