Linux - SoftwareThis forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
And am now unable to ssh into the box using any of the users from the Acitive directory or local machine.
Any suggestions on what might have caused this or how I can fix this problem. I haven't tried login locally at the machine because it is kind of inaccessible. I do have webmin installed on the box so I can do basic administration from there. If need be I can get to the box to login locally.
I don't see what could have caused this. By the way I am using Fedora Core 3.
Thats what I was thinking but I checked the PAM stuff for both login and ssh and compared them to a machine that was able to login properly. I also was thinking that maybe it was due to the fact that most of the users in AD are also configured on the linux box, which may possibly cause issues, but I know for sure there isn't an account called root in AD and I created a new user on the linux box and still can not ssh.
It would be a little easier if I were easily able to gain access to the box other than through the use of webmin.
I solved the problem and wanted to respond to let you know. It appears that in my krb5.conf file I had "default_domain = " I for some reason forgot to finish configuring kerberos. I also found that I forgot to add
winbind enum users=yes
winbind enum groups=yes
to my smb.conf
After I made these changes everything went fine. Except that I had to use a fedora rescue cd to edit these files.
But I think what may have done it is was the nsswitch.conf