I switched runlevels and tried running SaX2, but it still reported an error. I cannot read the entirety of the message because it cuts it off at the top, but it appears as though there is a loading error regarding XFree86.
The part I can read states:
"...this case please get the information which
XFree86 module provide support for the card
and set the module using the following command:
sax2 -m 0=<the name of the module>
- the card was detected but the server fails
to start in spite of the detection. In this case
something more serious had happened.
Please have a look at the log file:
/var/log/SaX.log (Which I did and it made no sense to me)
In addition, I have tried logging into YaST to change the graphics card and monitor settings, but it will not let me enter the "Change..." phase.
• VIA® KM400 Chipset
- FSB @200/266/333MHz
- Integrated S3 Graphics UniChrome 2D/3D Graphics with motion compensation
- AGP 4x and 8X
- Advanced memory controller supports PC2100 DDR266 technology.
• VIA® VT8235 Chipset
- Integrated Direct Sound AC'97 audio.
- Dual Channel Ultra DMA 33/66/100/133 master mode EIDE controller.
- Supports both ACPI and PC2001 compliant enhanced power management.
- 6 ports USB 2.0 controller.
- Integrated Ethernet MAC.
Last edited by prufrock; 01-26-2004 at 11:29 AM.