best text editor for commit logs,
Hi, I have a problem, that is...
* I have fairly poor spelling
* I contribute to opensource software to the point where I write 1-5 commit logs a day, others in the project have complained of my spelling before so I try now to spell check all my commit logs :|
for this Id like a text editor with a good spell checker.
so far I tried gedit but it has these problems...
- its session management means the command to start the editor finishes without waiting until saving. if no other gedit's are open and it works.
- spell checking is off by default.
- it fails spell checking "wasnt" -> "wasn't", wasn't is seen as 2 words.
I also tried abiword which was better, but still had problems with this.
- Non ASCII characters are saved int a commit log giving weird garble when read in a web browser, for example a "-" char is saved as some less common character that renders with garbage in the log.
- Non fixed width font default (maybe can change)
- some word processor features get in the way a bit, though its not so bad.
Does anyone know of a text editor thats not too slow to load, has good spell checking (as good as firefox/abiword or openoffice) ?
Last edited by ideasman; 07-25-2009 at 02:46 PM.