Linux - SoftwareThis forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you need to reset your password, click here.
Having a problem logging in? Please visit this page to clear all LQ-related cookies.
Introduction to Linux - A Hands on Guide
This guide was created as an overview of the Linux Operating System, geared toward new users as an exploration tour and getting started guide, with exercises at the end of each chapter.
For more advanced trainees it can be a desktop reference, and a collection of the base knowledge needed to proceed with system and network administration. This book contains many real life examples derived from the author's experience as a Linux system and network administrator, trainer and consultant. They hope these examples will help you to get a better understanding of the Linux system and that you feel encouraged to try out things on your own.
Click Here to receive this Complete Guide absolutely free.
First, my specs and whatnot:
Distro: Slackware 10.2
Ok. Now that that's out of the way:
My webserver had an uptime of about 10 days. Everything was working perfectly. I then started putting .torrent files on my site avalible for download (all legal fyi). However, I had to change the mime type. So I then went into the mime.types file and added the nessisary line. I restarted the webserver. It restarted, no apachectl error was given and my config file checked out, but I went to see my site, and php wouldn't connect to the database. I restarted the database and the same thing happened. I then logged into the database directly to see that it was working fine. So something has to be wrong with the apache / php config. However, I haven't touched those files for a long time, and I don't see how anything could have happened. I deleted the line I made in the file, and then even restored the defaults, same thing.
My guess is something in the apache httpd.conf or php.ini files. However I have no idea what to look for since I haven't touched those files recently.