Linux - SoftwareThis forum is for Software issues.
Having a problem installing a new program? Want to know which application is best for the job? Post your question in this forum.
Welcome to LinuxQuestions.org, a friendly and active Linux Community.
You are currently viewing LQ as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, receive our newsletter, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many other special features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!
Note that registered members see fewer ads, and ContentLink is completely disabled once you log in.
I have just upgraded my Fedora Core3 box to Fedora Core 4 (I wanted php5, and being a kinda newbie and after having a lot of problems trying to install it, I just decided to upgrade fedora since it had the new version pre-installed). The upgrade went smoothly, but php5 does not seem to be working. I know that Apache is up and running AND that it says the php5 module is loaded. I found this out by trying to add the line
to the httpd.conf and upon doing so, got a warning saying the php5 module was already loaded. Yet, when I load a page with php content (LogIn.php for example), it dumps the code to the browser instead of executing it.
I can run php from the command line and get correct ouput, for example ?>php ./LogIn.php
What am I doing wrong, I am guessing it is a problem with my apache configuration
Server version: Apache/2.0.54
PHP 5.0.4 (cli) (built: May 9 2005 11:21:11)
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.0.4-dev, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
I actually just found the source of the problem. When I upgraded to Core 4, it generated a new configuration file for apache (httpd.conf.rpm...something). I am not sure if it was Fedora or if it was Apache that generated this file, but It was this new config file that apache needed to work correctly. I guess it doesn't replace httpd.conf so as not to hose your old config settings. Anywho, I renamed httpd.conf.rpm... to httpd.conf and things started working again.
Thanks for your input, checking the webroot was a good idea that hadn't thought of ^_^