* Should we ship it as a core part of GNOME 1.4 or in "extra apps"?
* Nautilus performance is improving a lot.
* GMC is unmaintained, and has been for quite some time
* We still want to keep it around, just in case someone wants to use it
* It should no longer permanently add itself to the session
* The GMC mime types capplet should be renamed "GMC Files and Types"
* It would be a lot of work to port it to using gnome-vfs mime types.
* Decided to move into "extra apps". "
Seems to me it's possible