Hey Hey, don't get upset with it.
If you use KDE or GNOME or other GUI then to post the /etc/fstab file here do the following:
1. login as normal user. (Yes, a normal user, I have MDK9.2 and at least for
me it has default settings that if U login ROOT you can't mout anything..
... and I like it that way.)
2. insert a floppy and mount it (the supermount is installed by default, just
doubleclick icon on the desktop.. (/mnt/floppy) )
3. after succesfully mounting it, open konsole (a kde shell-program) and
type "su" (program to give U root rights...)
4. when "su" is done, your shell shows a "#" sign to prove U're root.
Type "konqueror" on the shell-program. It starts the GUI filemanager
5. move into /etc - directory. (when konqueror starts, you are on /root - dir)
allocate file called "fstab", select it and copy it into mounted floppy. This
can be done completly graphically.
6. After copying unmount floppy (and remove it from drive), reboot into XP,
open file ie. in notepad, open this forum, then copy-paste the file here.
Or if you prefer doing this in konsole, then after mounting and "su", do the
following command: (without the " signs..)
"cat /etc/fstab >> /mnt/floppy/fstab"