LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Server (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/)
-   -   want to know is iredmail is good? (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/want-to-know-is-iredmail-is-good-875671/)

sachinaxn 04-18-2011 12:04 PM

want to know is iredmail is good?
 
Dear Friends,

I want to setup the mail server for my company in house server.
is iredmail is good & easy to manege? which version i should use.

I can also use its paid version which gives me admin control panal to manage all user by web based.

one more thing can i use iredmail paid version on multiple server,s (for my various clients)

or is there any other mail solution which can help me.


Thanks & Regards
Sachin Maurya

TB0ne 04-18-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachinaxn (Post 4328235)
Dear Friends,
I want to setup the mail server for my company in house server. is iredmail is good & easy to manege? which version i should use. I can also use its paid version which gives me admin control panal to manage all user by web based.

No way for anyone here to answer that. You don't tell us anything about your environment, your skills, or what you are ultimately trying to accomplish. So "good" and "easy to use" are subjective. Best advice anyone can give you is to try it, and see if it meets your needs. If not, use something else. Postfix, sendmail, squirrelmail, and dovecot can all be used as pieces/parts of a mail system, again depending on what you're trying to do.
Quote:

one more thing can i use iredmail paid version on multiple server,s (for my various clients) or is there any other mail solution which can help me.
Contact iredmail and ask them. They are the ones who can answer questions about their licensing structure.

vikas027 04-18-2011 01:26 PM

I found iRedMail pretty good (INMHO).

sachinaxn 04-19-2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB0ne (Post 4328274)
No way for anyone here to answer that. You don't tell us anything about your environment, your skills, or what you are ultimately trying to accomplish. So "good" and "easy to use" are subjective. Best advice anyone can give you is to try it, and see if it meets your needs. If not, use something else. Postfix, sendmail, squirrelmail, and dovecot can all be used as pieces/parts of a mail system, again depending on what you're trying to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB0ne (Post 4328274)



Sir. here is some information of my Server that is HP ml350 G5 server with 4 gb ram + 500 GB HDD

Mail USERS = Not More then 70
with pop smtp vpn imap webmail LDAP address book And a backup plan for data recovery

ONE more thing now my boss want to add LDAP authentication for windows xp clients login AS DOMAIN CONTROLLER & data replication in case of my main server goes down so i can switch to another server ..( maintain downtime.) so please let me know what i should do ?
i am in harry..
Sachin





Contact iredmail and ask them. They are the ones who can answer questions about their licensing structure.



No pro. this is not a matter i can use a different plan for it

sachinaxn 04-19-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikas027 (Post 4328320)
I found iRedMail pretty good (INMHO).



Tnank You Dear

TB0ne 04-19-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachinaxn (Post 4329257)
[FONT="Garamond"]
No pro. this is not a matter i can use a different plan for it

Sorry, no idea what you're saying.

vikas027 04-19-2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachinaxn (Post 4329261)
Tnank You Dear

If you decide to move ahead with iRedMail (or probably iRedOS) the below links will help you out.

http://www.iredmail.org/download.html
http://www.iredmail.org/doc.html#installation_guide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi8CF3RKRm4
http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/wi...S_Installation
http://www.iredmail.org/forum

sachinaxn 04-20-2011 12:32 AM

Mr. TB0ne

Sir. here is some information of my Server that is HP ml350 G5 server with 4 gb ram + 500 GB HDD

Mail USERS = Not More then 70
with pop smtp vpn imap webmail LDAP address book And a backup plan for data recovery

ONE more thing now my boss want to add LDAP authentication for windows xp clients login AS DOMAIN CONTROLLER & data replication in case of my main server goes down so i can switch to another server ..( maintain downtime.) so please let me know what i should do ?
i am in harry..
Sachin

---------- Post added 04-20-11 at 11:03 AM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikas027 (Post 4329402)

thank you vikas i will try it

sachinaxn 04-20-2011 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB0ne (Post 4329358)
Sorry, no idea what you're saying.



Mr. TB0ne

Sir. here is some information of my Server that is HP ml350 G5 server with 4 gb ram + 500 GB HDD

Mail USERS = Not More then 70
with pop smtp vpn imap webmail LDAP address book And a backup plan for data recovery

ONE more thing now my boss want to add LDAP authentication for windows xp clients login AS DOMAIN CONTROLLER & data replication in case of my main server goes down so i can switch to another server ..( maintain downtime.) so please let me know what i should do ?
i am in harry..
Sachin

TB0ne 04-21-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachinaxn (Post 4330147)
Mr. TB0ne
Sir. here is some information of my Server that is HP ml350 G5 server with 4 gb ram + 500 GB HDD Mail USERS = Not More then 70
with pop smtp vpn imap webmail LDAP address book And a backup plan for data recovery

ONE more thing now my boss want to add LDAP authentication for windows xp clients login AS DOMAIN CONTROLLER & data replication in case of my main server goes down so i can switch to another server ..( maintain downtime.) so please let me know what i should do ?
i am in harry..

I assume you mean "hurry". And I told you in my first reply...please re-read it. All of the software I mentioned is free, and you can try it all, and determine which is best for you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.