Originally Posted by prateek
i am having Red Hat LINUX 5 Enterprise Server and facing problem regarding very very high server load (load average is going high up to 60-70)due to which server is getting hang.
Well, that's a high load number, and it is probably reasonable to say that, in general, a server with that high a load number will not be performing as snappily as a server with a more reasonable load number.
However, given the level of detail that is provided, it is only possible to provide very generic suggestions:
- find out what is wrong
- put it right
other options worth considering are:
- use your Red Hat support and get them to put it right (although, you'll actually find that this involves you answering a lot of their questions, and have them provoke you to put it right)
- hire someone who knows what they are doing, and get them to put it right
- increase you level of knowledge so that you can put it right yourself
- actually post enough detail so that someone could actually help you with the problem
and bear in mind that
- it could be that your load number is that high, because that high is how high the load number gets with a server of that spec with that workload
Looking forward to finding out more about the problem!