LinuxQuestions.org
LinuxAnswers - the LQ Linux tutorial section.
Go Back   LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Server
User Name
Password
Linux - Server This forum is for the discussion of Linux Software used in a server related context.

Notices



Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2013, 03:33 AM   #1
rewards
Member
 
Registered: Dec 2010
Posts: 128

Rep: Reputation: 0
Question The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended fea


Hello all,

I upgraded phpMyadmin to the latest version phpMyAdmin 4.0.4.1. After login to phpMyAdmin, I get this warning; "The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated. To find out why click here." How can I get rid of this message or how can I activate them? Thank you
 
Old 07-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #2
TB0ne
Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 15,078

Rep: Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713
Quote:
Originally Posted by rewards View Post
Hello all,

I upgraded phpMyadmin to the latest version phpMyAdmin 4.0.4.1. After login to phpMyAdmin, I get this warning; "The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated. To find out why click here." How can I get rid of this message or how can I activate them? Thank you
Well, a good first step would be to actually click the "click here" link on that page, which would TELL YOU what needs to be fixed. Also, if you tried putting that error into Google (or looking at the documentation on PHPmyadmin), you'd ALSO see solutions:

http://wiki.phpmyadmin.net/pma/Configuration_storage
 
Old 07-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #3
rewards
Member
 
Registered: Dec 2010
Posts: 128

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Hi,

When I click the link click here, I see this info. How can I enable these?

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pmadb'] ... not OK [ Documentation ]
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['relation'] ... not OK [ Documentation ]
General relation features: Disabled

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_info'] ... not OK [ Documentation ]
Display Features: Disabled

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_coords'] ... not OK [ Documentation ]
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pdf_pages'] ... not OK [ Documentation ]
Creation of PDFs: Disabled

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['column_info'] ... not OK [ Documentation ]
Displaying Column Comments: Disabled
Browser transformation: Disabled

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['bookmarktable'] ... not OK [ Documentation ]
Bookmarked SQL query: Disabled

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['history'] ... not OK [ Documentation ]
SQL history: Disabled

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['designer_coords'] ... not OK [ Documentation ]
Designer: Disabled

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['recent'] ... not OK [ Documentation ]
Persistent recently used tables: Disabled

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_uiprefs'] ... not OK [ Documentation ]
Persistent tables' UI preferences: Disabled

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['tracking'] ... not OK [ Documentation ]
Tracking: Disabled

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['userconfig'] ... not OK [ Documentation ]
User preferences: Disabled
 
Old 07-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #4
TB0ne
Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 15,078

Rep: Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713
Quote:
Originally Posted by rewards View Post
Hi,
When I click the link click here, I see this info. How can I enable these?
Did you read the phpmyadmin instructions?? From the page I looked up for you, and linked to you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHPmyAdmin Instructions
Upgrades

For all phpMyAdmin versions after 3.0.0, simply re-run the scripts/create_tables.sql file -- doing so will not overwrite existing data, but will create any new tables.

Additionally, if you already had this infrastructure from prior to MySQL 4.1.2, please use ./scripts/upgrade_tables_mysql_4_1_2+.sql to update the tables to take advantage of new MySQL features found beginning in 4.1.2.
Doesn't get much more plain than that. Read the configuration instructions:
https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/#linked-tables
 
Old 07-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
rewards
Member
 
Registered: Dec 2010
Posts: 128

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Hello,

Yes I did. Here are the steps I did. Accessed the phpMyAdmin through the browser 192.168.0.10/phpmyadmin. Imported create_tables.sql file. It created a database called phpmyadmin. Click phpmyadmin database, and then to Privileges tab and clicked Add a new User. Added a new user called pma. Login Information:User name: pma, Host: localhost Password: pmapass. Database for user: Granted all priviledges on database "phpmyadmin" Global privileges: Checked All and clicked GO. pma user got created and here is the message;

CREATE USER 'pma'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '***';

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'pma'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '***' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `phpmyadmin` . * TO 'pma'@'localhost';

pma localhost global ALL PRIVILEGES Yes Edit Privileges Edit Privileges
database-specific ALL PRIVILEGES No Edit Privileges Edit Privileges.

vi /usr/share/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php and removed "//" from the $cfg...... following;

/* User used to manipulate with storage */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlhost'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] = 'pma';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] = 'pmapass';

/* Storage database and tables */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pmadb'] = 'phpmyadmin';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['bookmarktable'] = 'pma_bookmark';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['relation'] = 'pma_relation';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_info'] = 'pma_table_info';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_coords'] = 'pma_table_coords';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pdf_pages'] = 'pma_pdf_pages';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['column_info'] = 'pma_column_info';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['history'] = 'pma_history';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_uiprefs'] = 'pma_table_uiprefs';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['tracking'] = 'pma_tracking';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['designer_coords'] = 'pma_designer_coords';

/etc/init.d/mysqld restart
/etc/init.d/httpd restart
Cleared the browser cookies and cash. Logged in again to phpMyAdmin, I still see the message;

The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated. To find out why click here.

Last edited by rewards; 07-09-2013 at 02:01 PM.
 
Old 07-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #6
TB0ne
Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 15,078

Rep: Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713
Quote:
Originally Posted by rewards View Post
Hello,
Yes I did. Here are the steps I did. Accessed the phpMyAdmin through the browser 192.168.0.10/phpmyadmin. Imported create_tables.sql file. It created a database called phpmyadmin.
That's what you do with a NEW installation...you said this was an upgrade.
Quote:
Click phpmyadmin database, and then to Privileges tab and clicked Add a new User. Added a new user called pma. Login Information:User name: pma, Host: localhost Password: pmapass. Database for user: Granted all priviledges on database "phpmyadmin" Global privileges: Checked All and clicked GO. pma user got created and here is the message;

CREATE USER 'pma'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '***';
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'pma'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '***' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `phpmyadmin` . * TO 'pma'@'localhost';
pma localhost global ALL PRIVILEGES Yes Edit Privileges Edit Privileges
database-specific ALL PRIVILEGES No Edit Privileges Edit Privileges.

vi /usr/share/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php and removed "//" from the $cfg...... following;

/* User used to manipulate with storage */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlhost'] = '';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controluser'] = 'pma';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass'] = 'pmapass';

/* Storage database and tables */
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pmadb'] = 'phpmyadmin';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['bookmarktable'] = 'pma_bookmark';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['relation'] = 'pma_relation';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_info'] = 'pma_table_info';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_coords'] = 'pma_table_coords';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pdf_pages'] = 'pma_pdf_pages';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['column_info'] = 'pma_column_info';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['history'] = 'pma_history';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['table_uiprefs'] = 'pma_table_uiprefs';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['tracking'] = 'pma_tracking';
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['designer_coords'] = 'pma_designer_coords';

/etc/init.d/mysqld restart
/etc/init.d/httpd restart
Cleared the browser cookies and cash. Logged in again to phpMyAdmin, I still see the message;

The phpMyAdmin configuration storage is not completely configured, some extended features have been deactivated. To find out why click here.
Things are different with a new installation, vs an upgrade. Which is yours? There are several solutions posted, and the only way your config is different, is that there's a "controlhost" specified. Have you looked up/tried any of the previously posted solutions?

https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/lates...-older-version
http://forums.phpfreaks.com/topic/23...nded-features/
http://askubuntu.com/questions/26185...ely-configured
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...th-config-file
 
Old 07-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #7
rewards
Member
 
Registered: Dec 2010
Posts: 128

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Hi,

This was an upgrade. I should have added these steps that I did. I went to /usr/share/phpMyAdmin folder. cp config.inc.php to /tmp folder. Being in phpMyadmin folder, I did rm -rf *. Extracted the newly downloaded phpMyAdmin 4.04.1 zip file to /usr/share/phpMyAdmin. Went to /tmp folder and move the config.inc.php file back to /usr/share/phpMyAdmin folder.

If I change the (vi /usr/share/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php

* Servers configuration
*/
$i = 0;

to

* Servers configuration
*/
$i = 1;

The warning disappear bur when I click any databases I get error message that the database is not accessible. It says;

Error in Processing Request
Error Code: 500
Error text: Internal Server Error

Last edited by rewards; 07-09-2013 at 03:32 PM.
 
Old 07-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
rewards
Member
 
Registered: Dec 2010
Posts: 128

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Hello all,

Here is my dilemma. I just need two repositories with my server settings Linux Centos. rpmforge and epel. When I run yum install phpMyAdmin, epel tries to install phpMyAdmin 3.5.8.1-1.el6 version and I wanted to install the latest phpMyAdmin version 4.0.4.1. That's why I tried to upgrade the phpMyAdmin to the latest version. Now when I run yum info phpMyAdmin, I get this message;

Name : phpMyAdmin
Arch : noarch
Version : 3.5.8.1
Release : 1.el6
Size : 18 M
Repo : installed
From repo : epel
Summary : Handle the administration of MySQL over the World Wide Web
URL : http://www.phpmyadmin.net/
License : GPLv2+

When I access it via browser, it says;

phpMyAdmin

Version information: 4.0.4.1 (up to date)

Last edited by rewards; 07-09-2013 at 09:28 PM.
 
Old 07-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #9
TB0ne
Guru
 
Registered: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Distribution: SuSE, RedHat, Slack,CentOS
Posts: 15,078

Rep: Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713Reputation: 2713
Quote:
Originally Posted by rewards View Post
Hello all,

Here is my dilemma. I just need two repositories with my server settings Linux Centos. rpmforge and epel. When I run yum install phpMyAdmin, epel tries to install phpMyAdmin 3.5.8.1-1.el6 version and I wanted to install the latest phpMyAdmin version 4.0.4.1. That's why I tried to upgrade the phpMyAdmin to the latest version. Now when I run yum info phpMyAdmin, I get this message;

Name : phpMyAdmin
Arch : noarch
Version : 3.5.8.1
Release : 1.el6
Size : 18 M
Repo : installed
From repo : epel
Summary : Handle the administration of MySQL over the World Wide Web
URL : http://www.phpmyadmin.net/
License : GPLv2+

When I access it via browser, it says;

phpMyAdmin

Version information: 4.0.4.1 (up to date)
There is no 'dilemma'....you installed the RPM package, and overwrote it with an installation from source code. You have two options:
  • Use the version from the repositories, which is tested and stable with what you have installed.
  • Remove the package from repositories, and install that ONLY from source.
Having a kludged-together installation is a good way to have problems on your system. The biggest question is "WHY do you NEED the 4.x version?" What does it do/provide that the package from the repository doesn't?
 
Old 07-12-2013, 01:54 AM   #10
rewards
Member
 
Registered: Dec 2010
Posts: 128

Original Poster
Rep: Reputation: 0
Thank you for your feedback. The reason for upgrading was that it was annoying to see the message that a newer version is available every time I connected to phpMyAdmin via browser. That's why I wanted to upgrade it. I think I roll it back to the older version now and live with it. Thank you again.
 
  


Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
phpmyadmin 3.5.7 :configuration storage not properly configure error in centos 6.4 SarahGurung Linux - Software 1 03-18-2013 09:45 AM
2 Ubuntu 12.04 servers, 2 phpmyadmin, 1 w /configuration storage & 1 not ??? ceyx Linux - Software 0 10-13-2012 10:53 PM
mounting micro sd card of samsung 2120 configured to be connected as mass storage sumeet inani Linux - Newbie 2 07-08-2010 11:43 PM
phpMyAdmin error: client denied by server configuration: /usr/share/phpMyAdmin Kropotkin Linux - Server 2 05-15-2010 01:55 PM
Help with phpMyAdmin configuration (charset issues) narc Linux - Software 1 08-01-2007 12:20 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.

Main Menu
Advertisement
My LQ
Write for LQ
LinuxQuestions.org is looking for people interested in writing Editorials, Articles, Reviews, and more. If you'd like to contribute content, let us know.
Main Menu
Syndicate
RSS1  Latest Threads
RSS1  LQ News
Twitter: @linuxquestions
identi.ca: @linuxquestions
Facebook: linuxquestions Google+: linuxquestions
Open Source Consulting | Domain Registration