LinuxQuestions.org

LinuxQuestions.org (/questions/)
-   Linux - Server (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/)
-   -   SVN and WebDAV on default Apache installation on Slackware 12.1 (http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/svn-and-webdav-on-default-apache-installation-on-slackware-12-1-a-729597/)

Stuart P. Bentley 05-30-2009 10:36 PM

SVN and WebDAV on default Apache installation on Slackware 12.1
 
How do you set up a Subversion repository with the default Apache installation included with a full installation of Slackware 12.1?

What does httpd do to attempt to find its fully-qualified domain name at startup?

EDIT: What's the reasoning behind the /srv root directory versus /usr?

TB0ne 05-31-2009 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart P. Bentley (Post 3557861)
How do you set up a Subversion repository with the default Apache installation included with a full installation of Slackware 12.1?

What does httpd do to attempt to find its fully-qualified domain name at startup?

EDIT: What's the reasoning behind the /srv root directory versus /usr?

This sounds very much like homework.....

The answers to your first two questions are easily found on Google. The third you'll have to ask the authors of your distros Apache package...some distros use /srv, some don't, and it's easily changed.

Stuart P. Bentley 05-31-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB0ne (Post 3557890)
This sounds very much like homework.....

The answers to your first two questions are easily found on Google. The third you'll have to ask the authors of your distros Apache package...some distros use /srv, some don't, and it's easily changed.

Is there any reason that you feel LinuxQuestions.com should not concern itself with answering questions?

On topic:

Why is mod_ssl commented out in http.conf?
Why is this directory not working with Digest authentication? Tried it with Chrome, IE8, and Firefox and got and endless repeating auth window on all 3.
Code:

<Location /repo>
    DAV svn
    SVNPath /srv/repo

    AuthType Digest
    AuthName "Lucifer"
    AuthDigestDomain /repo
    AuthUserFile /srv/auth/svn-auth-digest

    Require valid-user

    #WebDAV accessibility settings
    SVNAutoversioning on
    ModMimeUsePathInfo on
</Location>

Basic works fine (with the file replaced with srv/auth/svn-auth-basic-file).

TB0ne 06-01-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart P. Bentley (Post 3557897)
Is there any reason that you feel LinuxQuestions.com should not concern itself with answering questions?

We're glad to answer questions, but we're not going to do your homework for you. Might also be worth noting that when the answers are VERY easily found through a quick Google search, why should we look things up for you?

Quote:

On topic:

Why is mod_ssl commented out in http.conf?
Probably because mod_sll isn't installed, wasn't installed correctly, or was installed 'manually' (i.e., compiled from source), and the line wasn't uncommented to allow its use.

Quote:

Why is this directory not working with Digest authentication? Tried it with Chrome, IE8, and Firefox and got and endless repeating auth window on all 3.
Code:

<Location /repo>
    DAV svn
    SVNPath /srv/repo

    AuthType Digest
    AuthName "Lucifer"
    AuthDigestDomain /repo
    AuthUserFile /srv/auth/svn-auth-digest

    Require valid-user

    #WebDAV accessibility settings
    SVNAutoversioning on
    ModMimeUsePathInfo on
</Location>

Basic works fine (with the file replaced with srv/auth/svn-auth-basic-file).
Check out the Apache documentation here http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/auth.html#digest, specifically the section regarding digest authentication. From what you posted, it seems you don't have an AuthDigestFile. The page for mod_auth_digest for Apache is here, http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod...th_digest.html and references that file as well.

Stuart P. Bentley 06-01-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Check out the Apache documentation here http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/auth.html#digest, specifically the section regarding digest authentication. From what you posted, it seems you don't have an AuthDigestFile. The page for mod_auth_digest for Apache is here, http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod...th_digest.html and references that file as well.
I think they changed the way Digest authentication works in 2.0- the same page in 2.X documentation shows the same excerpt using AuthUserFile, and using AuthDigestFile will cause an error saying that the phrase is unrecognized...

Stuart P. Bentley 06-03-2009 01:34 AM

Why is this working:
Code:

<Location /repo>
    DAV svn
    SVNPath /srv/repo

    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "NONE SHALL PASS"
    AuthDigestDomain /repo
    AuthUserFile /srv/auth/svn-auth-basic-file
    #AuthUserFile /srv/auth/svn-auth-digest

    Require valid-user
    #Allow users of a certain authentication level read-only access
    AuthzSVNAccessFile /srv/auth/svn-access-file

    #WebDAV accessibility settings
    SVNAutoversioning on
    ModMimeUsePathInfo on
</Location>

but this isn't?
Code:

<Location /repo>
    DAV svn
    SVNPath /srv/repo

    AuthType Digest
    AuthName "NONE SHALL PASS"
    AuthDigestDomain /repo
    #AuthUserFile /srv/auth/svn-auth-basic-file
    AuthUserFile /srv/auth/svn-auth-digest

    Require valid-user
    #Allow users of a certain authentication level read-only access
    AuthzSVNAccessFile /srv/auth/svn-access-file

    #WebDAV accessibility settings
    SVNAutoversioning on
    ModMimeUsePathInfo on
</Location>

Could my digest file be bad? Is there a rule for what to put in for realm? Also, the server is operating with 127.0.0.1 for ServerName.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 PM.