Im a Windows admin by trade, trying to teach myself the dark arts of linux.
I have a sendmail box in domain A, which is currently using the ISP's SMTP gateway. Meanwhile in domain B, I have a MS Exchange SMTP gateway.
I really want to point my MX rec for domain A to the Exchange gateway, but before I jump in headfirst and make a mess of it, some advice would be appreciated!
Heres what I think I need to do:
- check DNS zones, and make sure I can ping hostnames mailserver.a.com from b.com and vice versa.
- change the MX rec to point to the Exchange gateway
- add b.com on exchange gateway as a protected domain
- edit sendmail.cf on mailserver.a.com, and change the Relay to exchange.
- restart the sendmail daemon and cross my fingers